Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dustin Short (upalachango) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Dustin Short hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Dustin Short has not added a biography yet.
StateSW

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dustin Short

Showing 111 - 120 of 1224 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...123

Forum » Thread

Re: Montbell UL vs UL Tech down pants... significant weight difference..
Two different pants for different use. The UL pant is just a fleece replacement (even says so in the marketing). The UL Tec is a mountain pant with features necessary/useful for alpine climbing. Na...

In GEAR » Montbell UL vs UL Tech down pants... significant weight difference..
January 19, 8:19pm

Re: @ Charley
The atmosphere of any (sub)urban environment usually has enough crap in it to kill you prematurely. Getting into the woods and breathing fresh air more than compensates for some minor leachate from...

In Make Your Own Gear » Carbon Fiber Pot Lid; Food safe question
January 15, 7:02pm

Re: Re: Re: environment
Rusty, Chouinard has been very good about keeping his involvement quiet but he is long-time partner with Doug Tompkins (The North Face founder) who has been more public about his conservation. A...

In GEAR » What is Capilene?
January 10, 2:52pm

Re: Put the DEAL back in Gear Deals
+1 the deal aspect. I'm also a big fan of transparency but I get REALLY frustrated when I see "Hey buy my new shiny" and it's at full retail in the deals. I don't buy anything...

In Gear Deals » Vertex Ultralight backpacking stove - 1.8 ounces and packs flat
January 10, 9:58am

Re: Technical Description of Capilene ?
Your question is unspecific. There are 4 types of capilene, each one which has several iterations over the years. It's baselayer fabric. For the most part it's all pretty much the same thin...

In GEAR » Technical Description of Capilene ?
January 10, 8:35am

Re: environment
Patagonia also does some not so great things in third world countries under the guise of ecological stewardship. Namely they've bought up tons of land in South America and have cordoned it off ...

January 10, 8:34am

Re: cap
Eric, I agree with you but there's also a "convenience" factor hear in the US...namely pat cap4 is the only option without going through some funky group buy thing....Otherwise I'...

January 09, 5:52pm

Re: Re: Re: WTB Stoic Wraith Medium w/hood
Definitely size up, they're small/tight in the shoulders. I was a solid small in everything and had to size up eventually to a medium for comfort. Great wind jacket if you can find one!

In Gear Swap » WTB Stoic Wraith Medium w/hood
January 09, 8:50am

Re: Re: Re: Re: MYOG Down Jacket with Box Baffles.
I would assume so Jerry. A quilt is basically2 dimensional with just some strips to connect (maybe get fancy with the foot box). A parka though requires basically attaching sleeves (two mini sle...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Down Jacket with Box Baffles.
January 04, 2:26pm

Re: Lacing
+1 on the lacing. If you lace your shoes right, you can lock your heel in great even if the toes are swimming on free space (the way I prefer). Now granted if you do a lot of technical scrambling y...

In GEAR » How do I avoid heelslip in walking Joggers when 0,5 size bigger before feet expand
January 03, 10:25am

All Reader Reviews by Dustin Short

Dustin Short has posted no reviews.