BPL Community Profile

Tony Ronco (tr-browsing) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Tony Ronco hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Tony Ronco has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tony Ronco

Showing 111 - 120 of 242 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...25

Forum » Thread

RE: What would John Muir take?
For your consideration: hmm, Bread Satchel, Coat Pockets full of stuff, a Sierra Cup hanging off of one of his coat's button holes ... a prime example of Chouinard's saying "The m...

In Philosophy & Technique » Ultralight and the 10 Essentials
June 09, 1:31pm

+ 1 on Cost
+1 on the Cost Curiosity question

In Editor's Roundtable » Mountain SuperUltraLight Backpacking – Going SUL in the Mountains with Adequate Shelter, Insulation, and Rain Protection. Part 3: M-SUL Base Weight Gear Lists
June 05, 8:01am

Re: Pot Lid Plate / Skillet
Umm ... actually manufacturers do. Here are a few examples: http://www.snowpeak.com/cookware/backpacking.html http://www.evernewamerica.com/products.htm http://www.montbell.us/products/di...

In Multiple Use Gear » Pot lid plate/skillets
June 04, 7:56am

Re: Bearvault size reduction
A quick 2 cents: RE: "Seems like having a glued seam would be a major weak point and defeat the propose of the bear keg" With the exceptions of the Bear Vault & the Lighter1 (whi...

In Make Your Own Gear » Bearvault size reduction
May 14, 12:02pm

Insight
It is still a great deal, and 5.1 oz (listed wgt for the Ultra model) is also good because theoretically you don't have to carry any fuel (although I find myself picking up the "perfect&qu...

In Gear Swap » FS: Bushbuddy Titanium stove - $70
April 30, 8:22am

Bushbuddy Titanium stove
Just a Fyi: The standard commercial Bushbuddys are not made from titanium ... they are made from stainless sheet metal. It is a great wood stove regardless.

In Gear Swap » FS: Bushbuddy Titanium stove - $70
April 29, 4:38pm

SP900 Fry Pan Lid
The Kettle (ECA318) has an inner diameter of 4.88" (according to Evernew's site) The SP fry pan lid has an inner diameter of 5" (according to Snowpeak's site) The Evernew&#...

In Gear Swap » Wanted: lid to fit Evernew 800ml kettle
April 24, 4:56pm

FYI: SP 900 fry pan lid does not fit an Evernew 800 ml kettle.
The SP900 fry pan lid does not fit an Evernew 800 ml kettle, as the fry pan lid is designed to fit on the O.D. of the pot ... comparing the dimensions looks close enough but the Evernew 800 ml kett...

April 24, 12:20am

Lid to Fit Evernew 800ml Kettle: a SP900 lid will fit.
This is my favorite pot. The SP900 (Snow Peak) Ti lid from Four Dog Stoves fits great. ... and the Mini-Bull Design aluminum SP900 lid fits as well too. I have both lids and they both fit my...

April 23, 11:40am

RE: Sleeping bags for Scouts
FWIW, For smaller scouts, a North Face Tigger 20 degree (synthetic) works well (my kids' bags weighted a hair under 32 oz without the stuff sack. For a down version of that there is the N...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Sleeping bags for scouts.
April 22, 3:18am

All Reader Reviews by Tony Ronco

Tony Ronco has posted no reviews.