BPL Community Profile

Tom Lyons (towaly) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Smoky Mtns.
About Me Likes the outdoors.
StateTN
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tom Lyons

Showing 111 - 120 of 299 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...30

Forum » Thread

re
It will work fine. I just had mine out recently at about 50*F with just a groundsheet under it, and it was plenty good. It would do 40*F just as well. No problem. I plan to use mine below freez...

In GEAR » True weight of Klymit Inertia X-Lite WITHOUT the pump, bag, & repair kit?
September 27, 9:34am

re
It is possible that the battery cover is no longer applying the necessary pressure to keep the battery in contact with the circuit. Since applying finger pressure to the battery helped it to work ...

In GEAR » watch woes and suggested (new) one?
September 27, 8:06am

Re: Nice Flashlight
Yes, you can use the Energizer Lithium Advanced or Ultimate AA batteries. You can also use a 14500 lithium-ion rechargeable, although it is not "officially recommended" by the manufact...

In GEAR » Quick look: Olight i2 EOS AA LED flashlight
September 27, 7:37am

Re: True weight of Klymit Inertia X-Lite WITHOUT the pump, bag, & repair kit?
Hi Franco, I have not actually slept with the Klymit inside the sleeping bag yet, but I plan on it when the weather gets colder. It will be interesting to see what works best in terms of moving a...

In GEAR » True weight of Klymit Inertia X-Lite WITHOUT the pump, bag, & repair kit?
September 26, 8:09pm

Re: True weight of Klymit Inertia X-Lite WITHOUT the pump, bag, & repair kit?
It's 6.9 oz with the pad, sack, and repair kit. The pump is another ounce. The pad alone is 6.1 oz. I also have the Klymit Kinetic Vest, and so I use the one pump to handle both items.

September 26, 7:08pm

tarptent
Also note that there is a company "Tarptent" which makes shelters of the "tarptent" genre. The tarptent genre of shelter might include similar shelters by other companies beside...

In GEAR » Lightweight shelters with floors
September 26, 4:07pm

Yes
You'll need to shake that down into place when you go to sleep. In some cases, it works its way down to the sides again if you move around when you sleep, and you have to do it again. This h...

In GEAR » Sleeping bag w/o open baffles?
September 26, 1:19pm

Re: Groundsheet
I think a good combo for that would be to laminate a Heat Sheets emergency blanket to the Evarest pad of the thickness you want. That minimizes bulk, and the Heat Sheets reflective material is mor...

In Gear Deals » CCF Pads; Coming Soon
September 26, 10:33am

camp
For the most part, a coat like that is for when you are in camp and not doing much work. And it's probably night, or early morning, when it's the coldest parts of the day. That requires m...

In GEAR » need down jacket advice
September 26, 3:03am

re
You'd probably live. Not guaranteed.

In GEAR » Would I regret using a 32 degree bag in sub zero temps?
September 25, 5:30pm

All Reader Reviews by Tom Lyons

Tom Lyons has posted no reviews.