BPL Community Profile

Michael Ray (topshot) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Middle-aged father who got into backpacking late (2009) and wants to encourage his 16 and 7 year old sons to backpack lightweight. Video trip reports of all the adventures so far are on my YT site below.
StateIndiana
My Website URLhttp://www.youtube.com/user/topshotrhit
My PDF Gear ListMaroon Bells - August 2011

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Ray

Showing 111 - 120 of 1028 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...103

Forum » Thread

Re: Chlorine vs chlorine dioxide
Ben, It's true that cysts are resistant to chlorine (ie, bleach) but it is NOT chlorine that kills them when using chlorine dioxide despite the name. It may take 4 hours to do so in certain co...

In GEAR » That "Hydration Revolution" from Sawyer
March 15, 6:12am

Re: Helmet cam 100 foot fall...
> Nick, please promise not to nominate me for anything. Travis, promise not to do anything worthy of it. :)

In On the Web » Helmet cam 100 foot fall...
March 15, 5:45am

Re: Re: Sawyer Bladder Failures
FYI, the Sawyer bladders have been redesigned for 2013 to address this.

In GEAR » That "Hydration Revolution" from Sawyer
March 14, 9:12pm

Pure Leaf tea
Only 18.5 oz but should be what you want. Available at Walmart and Costco

In GEAR » Square water bottle ~ 20oz? Anyone?
March 14, 8:46pm

Re: Wow
Hope you don't have any trouble getting permits or reservations. The only one I have left to get is Zion Narrows. Our rough itinerary

In Pre-Trip Planning » Tips for Grayson Highlands with kids in early June?
March 14, 2:53pm

Re: Re: Re: Can I get a copy of that map?
How ironic. I'm doing this trip with my youngest (and drop him off at my folks) and then will be doing a 3+ week road trip with his older brother to hit NPs in the SW. We are starting at Arches...

March 14, 10:02am

Re: Can I get a copy of that map?
Thanks, Luke. Chris, what dates are you looking at going? I'm guessing June 10-13 for us. I'm sure my son would love to meet up with some other boys while there.

March 13, 12:45pm

Re: Can I get a copy of that map?
I had found this one in my searching, which seems to be an excerpt of the TI version, that barely covers everything in those Luke presented (I think).

March 13, 11:52am

Re: Why Humans Get Lost
Pretty amazing how he kept finding more stuff at the site on future visits. Also amazing he how got "lucky" on the Norman Cox find. Wonder if his latest hunch to find Bill in Joshua...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why Humans Get Lost
March 12, 7:38pm

Re: Cameras
My neurons don't seem to recall as well as David's or Ben's. I like to relive the trip and share with others. I'm fairly selective on what I'll take pics of but will admit I'...

In Philosophy & Technique » The "I don't get it" thread
March 11, 7:53am

All Reader Reviews by Michael Ray

Michael Ray has posted no reviews.