Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tony Burnett (tlbj6142) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale OH--IO
About Me Tony Burnett has not added a biography yet.
CityColumbus
StateOH

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tony Burnett

Showing 111 - 120 of 191 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Forum » Thread

Which bivy?
Glenn; What sort of Bivy do you use? Just a breathable bivy like the Vapr or something more waterproof? You are right about state parks in the winter. I'm thinking of using Tar Hollow (SP/SF)...

In Winter Hiking » Low elevation Winter Setup
November 02, 7:25am

Low elevation Winter Setup
Thanks for the input. I assume just about everything I read has a YMMV clause in it somewhere... I know there are single walled pyramid shelters for winter (Alphamid, megamid), they are probabl...

November 01, 1:24pm

Re: Low elevation Winter Setup
Since you folks don't want to help, I'll just start throwing things out. Let's start with the shelter, as that's my biggest concern right now... I own 3 shelters, CatTarp 1.0, HH ULA and a home...

November 01, 8:12am

70% compression for Synthetic?
I don't have exact number, but I did discover that ACYE has the density of PL1 listed on his site (0.00384 oz/ci). So, using the sample bag above (assuming PGD and PL1 have similar densities), I g...

In GEAR » Ideal Maximum compression of Synthetic wares...
October 31, 1:37pm

Low elevation Winter Setup
I'd like to give it a try this winter. Probably in Ohio, WV, PA, VA or TN. Dr. J and friends have documented plenty of information for camping in 100" of snow up in the mountains. But what abo...

October 31, 10:18am

Re: Re: New Water Treatment Product
>> UV-C addresses that. Don't you have to wait for the UV-C to work its magic?

In GEAR » New Water Treatment Product
October 31, 7:30am

Down vs Synthetic SS conversion...
I think I'll give the guys at Integral Designs a call/email. I bet they'd help me out.

October 30, 8:10pm

Re: re. video clip of bear fence tests
Interesting that the video suggests using the fence to protect food *only*. Even though I've seen pictures of the fence around a tent before. Wonder how well it does against smaller critters, lik...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Electric Bear Fence
October 30, 7:43pm

Re: Re: cougars vs pepper spray?
I was under the impression that there isn't a whole lot you can do to protect yourself from cougars (short of hiking in groups and/or with dogs, llamas or horses). In that you don't have enough ti...

In GEAR » Cougar Perimeter Fence or other ideas
October 28, 2:43pm

Re: Re: Down vs Synthetic SS conversion...
That just might work. For example... Bag: Moonstone Delta Minima (PGD) Fill weight: 19oz SS Size (I assume this is the manufacture sized SS): 9.5" (dia?) x 15.5" So, if I would find the den...

October 28, 12:07pm

All Reader Reviews by Tony Burnett

Tony Burnett has posted no reviews.