Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jeremy Greene (tippymcstagger) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale North Texas
About Me Jeremy Greene has not added a biography yet.
CityArlington

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeremy Greene

Showing 111 - 120 of 327 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...33

Forum » Thread

rain skirt doesn't *have* to wrap
Ours are just generous tyvek tubes with a drawstring top. The simplest solution is a drawstring contractor bag with the bottom sliced open.

In GEAR » Rain Skirt
August 27, 12:49pm

Re: Well free, I'll take it...
ok, send me the address via pm

In Gear Swap » FS: sunday afternoons M $FREE
July 27, 3:08pm

FS: sunday afternoons M $FREE
This is the ugly hat with the cult following! Removed the decorative band and silly velcro...still too ugly for me!

In Gear Swap » FS: sunday afternoons M $FREE
July 27, 11:52am

Re: Need suggestions on a Tyvek project
"tear resistant. (use 6-8 stitches per inch). Seams can be glued"-from Quest website describing the OP's actual product. My only experience is with the heavier house wrap tyvek. ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Need suggestions on a Tyvek project
July 24, 7:59am

Re: Re: Insulation Warmer Than Down...
"I'm surprised nobody thought of doing this before" Probably heavy, which is OK for diving. Too much belief in their eyes in the videos. I'll put forth the first wild guess on ...

In GEAR » Insulation Warmer Than Down...
July 23, 1:59pm

good lightweight slogan
"I hope your Scouts (and Scouters) are able to learn how to lighten their loads, because at the core of all this, backpacking is supposed to be enjoyed, not endured."

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Solo Tarps and Gear
June 29, 1:27pm

Re: set up
Patrick, Do you find the 8x10 gives good coverage?

In GEAR » Need some help selecting a bugtent, not finding many options!
June 25, 5:24pm

Nothing New Under the Sun? (environment not baggage...)
""How about monitoring and reporting on water quality?" I'm not sure how to read your question but if you mean as part of a device, yes absolutely. Perhaps a simple test dropp...

In Philosophy & Technique » Nothing New Under the Sun?
June 24, 12:05pm

Re: 2 person set ups
"REI Bughut-2 person with an Equinox 8 x 10 tarp" Patrick, How are you setting this up?

In GEAR » Need some help selecting a bugtent, not finding many options!
June 24, 11:24am

Re: "Nothing New Under the Sun?
"6. Lightweight, simple, reliable gravity fed (no batteries) water purification that is clog free and that eliminates all pathogens, improves water taste and clarity, and that is easily field ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Nothing New Under the Sun?
June 22, 5:09pm

All Reader Reviews by Jeremy Greene

Showing 1 - 10 of 11 | Page: 1 2

Review

Category

Littlbug Wood Burning Stove Littlbug Junior
I have some, but not enough experience with campfires and this stove seems like a good tool for me. My MYOG attempts were not satisfactory. This stove will let me dispose of my laundry lint and avoid ...

In Stoves - Other
February 09, 4:10pm

Ben's Backwoods Online Retailer
He caters more to the bushcraft market than the UL market. Good selection of Moras. Shipping cost is reasonable. When I destroyed my plastic handled Mora Triflex with poor baton technique, he let m...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 09, 3:37pm

Golite Pinnacle Pack
Bigger company: Found this for a good sale price and at my door in 5 days. It is visually appealing too. Impression: Haven't used it yet, but inspected and started trimming. First use will be...

In Backpacks - Frameless
January 21, 2:38pm

MSR E-Wing
Good: *Sil-nylon cat cut tarp, elongated hexagon. *Small and light. *Can purchase with REI gift cards! *Use as dining fly or windbreak for 2, awning, minimal solo shelter, etc. *MSR suitably answ...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
June 13, 2:05pm

Golite Ultra 20
Limited testing so far. Hope to add. I got it 2nd hand (but unused). Even at full price it is reasonable. Good materials, design, and build. Full baffle construction going *both ways* means that do...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
January 13, 12:03pm

Allen & Mike's Really Cool Backpackin' Book 2001
Light/UL/SUL books sometimes offer instruction for fast and light travel in optimal conditions. This book is not for lightweight, but gives more universal aspects of backpacking. The text covers th...

In Books and Media
October 28, 12:38pm

Backpacking Light MiniDrop 0.35-oz Dropper Bottles (7 pack)
The good has been clearly stated. The not-so-good: -orange and red are too similar -could use a ridge on tip for easier removal and filling edit: ridge not needed. Just push 90 degrees to tip.

In Miscellaneous Products
October 21, 8:08am

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
Very well organized. The crucial topics are touched. Combining the illustrations with the text allows for a brief overview or an in-depth visualization. As little as 1/2 hour of skimming gives a wealt...

In Books and Media
September 13, 11:00am

Lightweight Backpacking and Camping by Ryan Jordan et al.
If you have just stumbled onto this website, I highly recommend getting offline and reading this book. It covers many (perhaps most) of the topics repeatedly discussed here. It is well organized. It m...

In Books and Media
September 12, 2:41pm

Ronald Turnbull The Book of the Bivvy. Cicerone: UK 2nd. ed. 2007
The Book of the Bivvy jumps about, but mainly covers two subjects: bivvy bags and hillwalking in the UK. Though I've found several books on hillwalking, this is currently the only book I know of f...

In Books and Media
September 12, 2:28pm