BPL Community Profile

Tim Drescher (timdcy) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Gore Range
About Me Tim Drescher has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://www.timdcy.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tim Drescher

Showing 111 - 120 of 251 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...26

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Filter vs chemicals
We're all waiting to hear if a certain grouse whose mad at life is still staking out Potato Hollow. Let us know. La Verkin Creek is downstream of a supposed cattle grazing area and carries a...

In Gear Lists » Zion Traverse and 2 Nights in Escalante
May 01, 5:48pm

Re: Zion Traverse and 2 Nights in Escalante
Unless your doing the Narrows, I wouldn't worry about the stuff sack for your quilt and puffy. The water you'll be crossing shouldn't be that high. I also always always bring a water fi...

In Gear Lists » Zion Traverse and 2 Nights in Escalante
April 30, 4:51pm

Re: Re: Trans-Zion Trek April 5-7
Thanks HK. There aren’t a whole lotta’ loop opportunities in Zion to my knowledge. That is unless you want to get into some pretty technical route finding and climbing. Fortunately a few outfit...

In Post-Trip Reports » Trans-Zion Trek April 5-7
April 28, 2:55pm

Re: re:
Aaron, I remember seeing some of your posts in the other pre-trip planning forum here. Bear trap was one of the highlights for me. That pissed off grouse is still picking fights! That's ...

April 28, 10:07am

Re: "Balls and Sunshine Ripped-off on the CDT!!"
Definitely a chicks handwriting.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Balls and Sunshine Ripped-off on the CDT!!
April 27, 1:14pm

Re: Holy Cross Wilderness
"I would also suggest the holy cross wilderness. I did a loop there a few years ago. The loop acrually starts and comes out about 100 yards from each other. (Missouri Lakes and Fancy Pass trai...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Looking for 50 to 100 mile loop trail in Colorado. Suggestions?
April 27, 11:11am

Re: Longsleeve question
All personal preference here and the opposite approach (for me) is to bring a sole rain jacket, which also happens to be the OR Helium II, along with a short sleeve synthetic shirt and my Stoic Had...

In GEAR » WIndshirt Vs. Rain jacket
April 27, 9:48am

Re: Thoughts on Gossamer Gear Kumo - Don't like it :-(
I took mine on its first trip a few weeks ago. I used it for 3 full days. My first "frameless" pack despite that I bought and am using the Air Beam instead of the Sitlite pad. I also sewe...

In GEAR » Thoughts on Gossamer Gear Kumo - Don't like it :-(
April 22, 4:04pm

Trans-Zion Trek April 5-7
3 Days, 2 nights. Around 40 miles hiked. Lee Pass, La Verkin Creek, Kolob Arch, Bear Trap Canyon, Hop Valley, Wildcat Canyon, West Rim Trail, Potato Hollow, Angels Landing, The Grotto. New Gear...

April 21, 9:00pm

Re: Escalante and the Waterpocket Fold
I could comment quite a bit here... but I'll save it :) Good stuff Brendan. Thanks for sharing.

In Post-Trip Reports » Escalante and the Waterpocket Fold
April 20, 4:07pm

All Reader Reviews by Tim Drescher

Tim Drescher has posted no reviews.