BPL Community Profile

Tim Haynes (timalan) - BPL Guest

My Locale Mid Atlantic
About Me Early 30s, newly married, work in communications with children's hospitals around the country. Relatively new to lightweight philosophies, but excited to learn and teach others.
CityAlexandria
StateVA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListRough Draft gearlist - solo trips

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tim Haynes

Showing 111 - 120 of 306 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...31

Forum » Thread

Mountain Hardwear Direkt 2 and other 2012 lineup
MH has up their Spring 2012 teaser PDF that has a picture of the Direkt 2, and describes it as, "Weighing in at only 2 lbs. 8 oz., the Direkt 2 is the lightest 2-person tent capable of withsta...

In GEAR » 2012 Nemo Equipment Line of Tents
October 18, 9:35am

Another option...
With Tim Marshall's enLIGHTened equipment back up and running, I'd recommend talking with him about a piece of custom gear. The cuben fiber Climashield Apex quilts he makes have the best we...

In GEAR » Any good synthetic -20 bags out there?
October 18, 8:44am

FS: Marmot Lithium 0 Degree Down Sleeping Bag - Long (2)
Paul, Totally understand wanting to get rid of these. Sorry you never got to put them to use -- I can't imagine how I would feel in a similar situation. If you decide to split them up, plea...

In Gear Swap » FS: Marmot Lithium 0 Degree Down Sleeping Bag - Long (2)
October 18, 7:42am

synthetic -20 bags
My thoughts on synthetics are mainly based on using a pair of ALPS Mountaineering Slick Rock bags... primaloft insulation, 0-degree rated. I've been warm and toasty in them close to zero degree...

October 17, 1:36pm

enLIGHTened equipment is back with INSANE pricing
Tim, Great to see you all back in business. Gear looks amazing. I don't know if there is any way I can justify adding another piece of gear to the house, but if I can, this would be it. I'...

In Gear Deals » enLIGHTened equipment is back with INSANE pricing
October 17, 1:20pm

Synthetic -20 bags
I haven't used a Kelty Mistrail -20, but for $50 on sale and with decent reviews, it might be worth considering. Not lightweight, at ~6#, but I can't imagine any -20 synthetic could be less...

October 17, 10:30am

Inov8
I have, what are usually a little wider than average feet (feet are a 10 in length, but I almost always have to get a 10.5 to get shoes wide enough). That said, I find the Inov8 X-Talon 240s I have...

In GEAR » Inov8 Roclite 295...I think they nailed it.
October 17, 8:28am

NWT Western Mountaineering MegaLite
Samuel, Saw that it's already been sold off geartrade; I'm hoping you were the one who snagged it. Nothing Western Mountaineering lasts there very long.

In Gear Deals » NWT Western Mountaineering MegaLite 30-degree bag - 5'6" size - on Geartrade for $233 shipped
October 14, 2:52pm

Sil Nylon Day Pack , Ground Cover & U.L. Chair F. S
nm. confusion on my part about the item. my apologies. can you post any more details on the ZPacks day pack? how much does it hold? thanks.

In Gear Swap » Sil Nylon Day Pack , Ground Cover & U.L. Chair F. S.
October 14, 1:02pm

geartrade
Same experience as others -- if the seller is listed as backcountry.com, you're in very good hands. They have amazing customer service, and will make things right. The only thing to know when y...

In Gear Deals » NWT Western Mountaineering MegaLite 30-degree bag - 5'6" size - on Geartrade for $233 shipped
October 14, 11:17am

All Reader Reviews by Tim Haynes

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Camp Xenon 4
New for spring/summer 2011, I was really excited about the Camp Xenon 4 poles. They looked like the best value/weight option on the market, so I was really excited to try them out. The 120cm poles spe...

In Trekking Poles
October 18, 10:59am

Stoic LTWT Sleeping Pad - short
I recently picked up a pair of these when they were a good price (~$20/each); I usually use Z-Rests, but my wife prefers an inflatable mat, and these fit the bill for cost/weight/value. shape is nicel...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
October 06, 1:56pm

Big Agnes Pumphouse Multi-Use Dry Sack and Pad Pump
I agree with previous reviews that this bag only does one thing well -- put air in your sleeping pad. That said, I bring it along on most trips with friends, and it makes it easier for many people -- ...

In Miscellaneous Products
March 09, 10:48am