BPL Community Profile

Gordon Smith (swearingen) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Portland, Oregon
About Me http://www.facebook.com/people/Gordon-Smith/100000899587475
CityPortland
StateOregon
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://pixelhorse.smugmug.com/
My PDF Gear ListGear List (4-day, summer, mountains, dry weather)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gordon Smith

Showing 111 - 120 of 242 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...25

Forum » Thread

SP 600
Rand writes: >>Now, with that said, what we didn't consider is, offering it as a Ti-Tri ULC where the material cost is the driving factor in price and we pretty much make each Ti-Tri cus...

In GEAR » Stoves / Kitchen
February 11, 8:52am

ULC Caldera Cone for SP 600?
Rand wrote: >>Bottom line is, we need 3" below the pot for the stove and stove offset, and then some amount of cone above that to hang onto the pot. So, pretty much any pot that is deep...

In GEAR » Stoves / Kitchen
February 10, 8:25pm

Pimp?
I consider myself more of a wh0re than a pimp. I'll sleep with any piece of gear once. G

In GEAR » Gear Brands and Their Pimps
February 10, 10:01am

GPS altimeter
Konrad wrote: >>Im not sure how analog ones work, but I know electronic ones either calculate height by a change in air pressure (utilizing a barometer) or through satellite tracking (as i...

In GEAR » Non-watch Altimeter
February 03, 11:28pm

Low self-discharge
Low self discharge nimh have been available for a couple of years now. Wikipedia has some info, including some brands. I have not tried these personally but plan to when my current nimh batts die. ...

In GEAR » NiZn rechargeable batteries for headlamps and digi cameras?
January 30, 12:05pm

Spyderco Sharpmaker
+2 Spyderco Sharpmaker. Nice system, easy to use, will work fine for a small blade as it does not employ a clamp. Diamond rods are available for removing metal quickly from a seriously dull blad...

In GEAR » knife sharpening input needed
January 29, 3:48am

RE: Potential
Jeff Eberhard wrote: "It's a step toward the clunkiness of technology disappearing. It reminds me of the tech in "Minority Report" (without the creepiness of Tom Cruise, as a...

In GEAR » The iPad Thread
January 27, 8:30pm

REI tea light lantern
REI sells a nice candle lantern that uses tea light candles. 3.7 ounces according to their page.

In GEAR » Favorite Small Lantern?
January 22, 12:28am

Snow Peak
I haven't tried this combo but supposedly the Snow Peak 300 mug will nest inside the Bushbuddy and then the combo stove/mug will fit inside a Snow Peak 900 pot. The only problem is the Snow Pea...

In GEAR » BushBuddy Ultra user needs a cup
January 16, 9:52am

RE: Bushbuddy Ultra in Winter
When the ground is snow covered your access to dry fuel is significantly reduced. It's not impossible to find but it becomes much more difficult than in summer conditions. G

In GEAR » Bushbuddy Ultra in Winter?
January 16, 9:21am

All Reader Reviews by Gordon Smith

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Trail Designs Caldera ULC Cone for Snow Peak 600 mug
The Caldera ULC Cone is the compact version of the original Caldera Cone that Trail Designs has been making for several years. The great benefit of the ULC Cones is that they're designed to fit in...

In Stoves - Alcohol
March 05, 1:32am