BPL Community Profile

Nick Larsen (stingray4540) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale South Bay
About Me Nick Larsen has not added a biography yet.
StateCalifornia
My PDF Gear ListGearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Larsen

Showing 111 - 120 of 369 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...37

Forum » Thread

Re: depends
If the fire ban is elevation related, it is because there is little to no wood to burn and they don't want you picking the area clean. So even wood stoves would be a no no. But, in other are...

In Philosophy & Technique » Is a tiny wood-fuelled stove a campfire?
March 08, 9:08pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Coleman Peak 1
Why even bother with the wings? You could probably just attach 3 straps right to the frame. Better yet do a zigzag of guy line across the back and cinch it over you stuff sack. You could probably g...

In GEAR » A look at an old Jansport external frame pack
March 08, 2:03pm

Re: It's one of these....
Woah! Just realized, women could be THE ULTIMATE XUL!!!! Don't gotta carry all that heavy food and water... Wonder if a woman could produce enough to sustain herself?

In GEAR » "New product that radically shifts how backpackers approach field hydration"
March 08, 11:25am

Re: Survival bacelet? How about a campers bracelet?
As luck would have it, I had some 1.25 zline on order for a tent prototype I'm working on, and it showed up yesterday. So this is what I came up with: 4 layers 35 feet Took me a little ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Survival bacelet? How about a campers bracelet?
March 08, 8:37am

Re: Dyneema
An-D: Haha, sorry to hear your cord wrapping gave you a hard time. Zpacks has some 1.25 yellow spectra, or Oware has 1mm white dacron. That's about as thin as I can find, but it gets expens...

March 07, 10:10am

Survival bacelet? How about a campers bracelet?
So, even though I make and sell "survival bracelets", I never really found that I would have much use for one myself, other than spare guyline, if I forgot mine, or brought an extra tarp ...

March 07, 9:13am

Re: TSA to allow pocketknives, some sports equipment
Finally! It appears they are measuring from the handle though, and not the blade itself, which would put me EDC Case just over the limit. Looks like I'll need to pick up a peanut for flying...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » TSA to allow pocketknives, some sports equipment
March 06, 1:21am

Re: Consensus
Personally, I don't find the drop off a problem, if it is below my waist. I use the smallest neoair, and just pit my pack and any extra gear under my feet. It might just be me, but as long as ...

In GEAR » For those of you who love short pads...
March 04, 9:37am

D4
Time to come out of the closet Lance, the externals are making a comeback!!!

March 03, 7:47am

Re: Jansport Project Pack
Looks nice. But, after all that chopping you only saved an ounce?! What happened? Did you use really heavy fabric or a lot of straps or something? P.S. what's the capacity on that pack? ...

March 03, 6:32am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Larsen

Nick Larsen has posted no reviews.