Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nick Larsen (stingray4540) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale South Bay
About Me Nick Larsen has not added a biography yet.
StateCalifornia
My PDF Gear ListGearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Larsen

Showing 111 - 120 of 375 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...38

Forum » Thread

@ Jake Re: skin out weight
Jake: How dare you question me! Haha, just kidding. Seriously though, here is my reasoning behind the idea: 1) Standard days - makes it easy to calculate your consumables, and since, as yo...

In Philosophy & Technique » The "I don't get it" thread
March 11, 1:25am

Re: 8'x10' tarp pitch
I also prefer the one James DeGraaf posted, with modifications. What I do differently, is to 1) pitch it with the 10' side going from the pole(entrance) to the back. 2) I also add short ...

In GEAR » Favorite Tarp Pitch?
March 11, 12:18am

RE: skin out weight
Travis and Aaron: Good points. I also tend to count the actual backpack weight last, and it holds the least significance to me. I would much rather carry 30lbs that fells like 20, than 25lbs tha...

March 10, 3:25pm

Re: mighty fine bashing
Bashing?! You are being overly humble...

In Make Your Own Gear » Pot Lid
March 10, 3:08pm

Skin out weight
I don't get "skin out" weight. I mean, if my everyday dress is jeans, shoes, car keys, wallet, pocket knife, cell phone, etc. I'm probably wearing 5 lbs of clothes. But, since...

March 10, 8:56am

Re: Thermodo External iPhone Thermometer with App
Finally! I don't know why they haven't just built in a thermometer years ago?! Would be so easy, and useful.

In GEAR » Thermodo External iPhone Thermometer with App
March 08, 9:37pm

Re: depends
If the fire ban is elevation related, it is because there is little to no wood to burn and they don't want you picking the area clean. So even wood stoves would be a no no. But, in other are...

In Philosophy & Technique » Is a tiny wood-fuelled stove a campfire?
March 08, 9:08pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Coleman Peak 1
Why even bother with the wings? You could probably just attach 3 straps right to the frame. Better yet do a zigzag of guy line across the back and cinch it over you stuff sack. You could probably g...

In GEAR » A look at an old Jansport external frame pack
March 08, 2:03pm

Re: It's one of these....
Woah! Just realized, women could be THE ULTIMATE XUL!!!! Don't gotta carry all that heavy food and water... Wonder if a woman could produce enough to sustain herself?

In GEAR » "New product that radically shifts how backpackers approach field hydration"
March 08, 11:25am

Re: Survival bacelet? How about a campers bracelet?
As luck would have it, I had some 1.25 zline on order for a tent prototype I'm working on, and it showed up yesterday. So this is what I came up with: 4 layers 35 feet Took me a little ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Survival bacelet? How about a campers bracelet?
March 08, 8:37am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Larsen

Nick Larsen has posted no reviews.