BPL Community Profile

Pete Staehling (staehpj1) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Pete Staehling hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Pete Staehling has not added a biography yet.
CityBaltimore
StateMD Maryland
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Pete Staehling

Showing 111 - 120 of 328 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...33

Forum » Thread

Not much
I don't know much about them, but I have order from them a couple times in the last year and been satisfied with the service and products.

In GEAR » borah gear
June 07, 7:01am

Bear Canister or Equivalent for Solo Backpacking - Passes regulations?
"Bear Vault is not approved for the ADK because Yellow-Yellow and her cubs figured out how to open them." Actually my understanding is that the latest generation of Bear Vaults are app...

In GEAR » Bear Canister or Equivalent for Solo Backpacking - Passes regulations?
June 04, 3:27pm

Bear Canister or Equivalent for Solo Backpacking - Passes regulations?
"Ok, so I took a look at these. I used the Bareboxer on Mt. Whitney. Its specs are that its really light, but it seemed to be like lugging a safe around. Maybe because it was my only time carr...

In GEAR » Bear Canister or Equivalent for Solo Backpacking - Passes regulations?
June 04, 1:10pm

Bear Canister or Equivalent for Solo Backpacking
I went with the BV450 (gotta be one of the newer ones for the Adirondacks). You might also consider the Bareboxer.

June 04, 12:46pm

REI limiting returns to one year
"Just as a point of clarification, the email I received stated that products subject to manufacturing defects would not be limited to the new 1-year deadline." Yeah that is good news. ...

In GEAR » REI limiting returns to one year
June 04, 12:43pm

UL Gear?
>"I assume the change is a preemptive, in preparation of carrying SUL gear from our favorite cottage industries !" It would be great if that is the case. I very much doubt that it ...

June 04, 7:33am

1 year
One of the reasons that I have bought items from REI has been that some of the items might have sporadic use. Say you buy a set of snow shoes at the end of the season and then have a zero or very ...

June 04, 6:14am

Returns
With one exception, I am not sure if any of the stuff I have returned was over a year old or not. My guess is probably not. The one exception was a 5 year old pair of almost unworn boots that I...

June 04, 5:13am

Is this for real?
The article dated yesterday says, "starting Tuesday". Today is Tuesday and the web page still lists the same policy they always did, at least as of a few minutes ago. Also it seems like...

June 04, 4:34am

REI limiting returns to one year
Assuming this is correct... The two big reasons I shop REI are the return policy and the dividend. Especially since the dividend isn't given on sale items, I likely to more often buy from o...

June 04, 4:25am

All Reader Reviews by Pete Staehling

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Thermarest Neo-Air
I love my NeoAir (size regular). It is light, comfy, and packs small. I agree that for the price a patch kit should be included, but I don't miss the stuff sack. I have been using a ziploc ba...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 23, 12:04pm