BPL Community Profile

Pete Staehling (staehpj1) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Pete Staehling hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Pete Staehling has not added a biography yet.
CityBaltimore
StateMD Maryland
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Pete Staehling

Showing 111 - 120 of 362 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...37

Forum » Thread

Re: Titanium Bike Spokes For Tent Stakes
Let us know how they work out. It seems like they would be impossible to use in hard ground. They seem like they would be pretty noodley. Maybe you could carry one more substantial stake to crea...

In Make Your Own Gear » Titanium Bike Spokes For Tent Stakes
June 29, 9:58am

Brooks Cascadias
The Brooks Cascadia is my current choice, since I trail run daily in them and am used to them. I have wondered about whether there might be an advantage to something else for backpacking, but I am...

In GEAR » don't want trail runners
June 29, 7:22am

Re: Dry bags instead of Ziploc or stuff sacks
"I'm liking the Outdoor Products sil-nylon dry bags sold in a 3-pack." The price looks good. I have a few questions... They are listed as 7.75" x 13"; 9.5" x 1...

In GEAR » Ziploc instead of stuff sack
June 28, 5:27pm

Ziploc instead of stuff sack
I did that for a while but went back to stuff sacks later. The reasons were: 1. The Ziplocs were noisy when breaking camp. I am an early riser and worried that I was waking my camp mates. Sil...

In GEAR » Ziploc instead of stuff sack
June 28, 3:59pm

Needle Stakes
I really like MSR Needle Stakes. Apparently everyone else doesn't feel the same way because MSR discontinued them.

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » favorite stakes
June 26, 7:08pm

Am I over reacting?
Yes you are over reacting. The odds are that he is at more risk at home than he will be in the back country as long as you are prepared and use good practices.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Am I being responsible?
June 25, 12:11pm

Try this
From Sawyer: A1.4: Non-backflushed Filters - In case you forgot to back flush your filter after your last outing and flow seems to be little to diminished, soak the filter in hot tap water (not bo...

In GEAR » My beloved Sawyer Squeeze failed me. Anyone else experience this?
June 25, 12:02pm

If you really need a knife...
The Gerber Ultralight LST is a nice knife for the size/weight/cost. The ultralight is 0.6 oz and if you wnt something bigger the biggest of the LST line is about 1.2 oz.

In GEAR » Which sub 0.5 oz knife: Spyderco ladybug or ?
June 25, 8:42am

Toob
I too like the Toob. http://www.rei.com/product/737990/aurelle-toob-brush

In GEAR » Travel toothbrush that isn't terrible?
June 25, 8:36am

Packs
The Marmot Kompressor Plus looks like a good deal for that price. I have not used one so I can't say much about it. Not sure what you mean about being compressible. The Flash 18 and Flash ...

In GEAR » Marmot Kompressor Plus for a small pack or something else
June 25, 5:16am

All Reader Reviews by Pete Staehling

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Thermarest Neo-Air
I love my NeoAir (size regular). It is light, comfy, and packs small. I agree that for the price a patch kit should be included, but I don't miss the stuff sack. I have been using a ziploc ba...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 23, 12:04pm