Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Scott S (sschloss1) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale New England
About Me Scott S has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Scott S

Showing 111 - 120 of 485 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...49

Forum » Thread

Toxicity
If you read down through the comments, there are a couple of scary suggestions about potential toxicity of this stuff. Remember: the US government does not require any toxicity testing before a ...

In GEAR » "Ultra Ever Dry" superhydrophic nanotechnology
February 09, 3:06pm

Someone sell me on renewing my membership
This week's new articles are a photo essay and a hiking video. For the record, I love hiking videos and photo essays. But when I paid to join this site, I expected that the members-only conten...

In Chaff » Someone sell me on renewing my membership
January 30, 8:13am

Te Araroa
One of the guys behind that CDT video did the Te Araroa (the trail that goes the length of New Zealand) and produced another set of great videos. Check it out: http://vimeo.com/album/1781441/page:...

In Post-Trip Reports » Continental Divide Trail movie - 2 Hour Version
January 25, 7:10pm

Titan kettle
PM sent

In Gear Swap » WTB: MSR Titan Kettle
January 25, 9:09am

WTT: M size Zpacks cuben pack cover for size L
I just picked up a size M zpacks cuben pack cover on gear swap. It looks like I'm going to need a large. Does anyone have a size L cuben pack cover that they want to swap for a M to save 0.2 ...

In Gear Swap » WTT: M size Zpacks cuben pack cover for size L
January 21, 7:49am

Re: Balaclava
I searched up and down the internet for an equivalent to the BPL balaclava. The closest I could find was the Integral Designs primalid (a puffy synthetic beanie) + a fleece neck gaiter). Then...

In GEAR » Backpacking Light PRO 90 Balaclava equivalent?
January 20, 5:19pm

How to repair a torn Houdini jacket
My beloved Patagonia Houdini has a couple of 2" long tears at the end of the sleeve. They don't affect the functioning of the jacket right now, but they are slowly growing. What's ...

In GEAR » How to repair a torn Houdini jacket
January 14, 7:18pm

Sold
Map book is sold.

In Gear Swap » FS: Brand new CDT Map Book for Colorado
January 06, 4:53pm

Price drop
Now $30

January 04, 8:20am

Bump
Evening bump. Even with the lulu.com discount codes that are out there, this is cheaper.

January 03, 7:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Scott S

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Design FS exodus
I used an Exodus FS for my 5-month CDT thru-hike. The pack was, by far, my least favorite piece of gear. What I didn't like: - The pack squeaked loudly and persistently, with almost every ste...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
December 23, 5:07pm