BPL Community Profile

spelt ! (spelt) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Things I do: hike, camp, packraft, dive, XC ski

Things I'd like to do: easy rock climbing and canyoneering, more winter camping, more off-trail trips, and learn to telemark ski (it just looks so swooshy and cool). also, packraft MOAR.

Things I don't do: run, unless a rugby ball is in the vicinity. bike, unless it's casual, commuting, low-speed, or otherwise not hardcore.
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://equilibriumsands.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by spelt !

Showing 111 - 120 of 1246 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...125

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: TSA Absurdity
You can kill someone with a pen or pencil if you try hard enough. Those will be next to go. Oh, but at least you can use your phone in-flight now.

In Chaff » TSA Absurdity
January 07, 7:37am

Re: Three Years Paleo and lessons learned
Thanks, guys. Glad you liked it.

In On the Web » Three Years Paleo and lessons learned
January 05, 9:22pm

Re: Finally happened - buzzed on the trail by Drones (UAV's)
Uck.

In Chaff » Finally happened - buzzed on the trail by Drones (UAV's)
January 05, 8:16pm

Three Years Paleo and lessons learned
I follow this guy b/c he seems to genuinely enjoy eating. I especially agree with the points about stock and the problematic framing of "cheat" meals. http://thedomesticman.com/2014/01...

In On the Web » Three Years Paleo and lessons learned
January 04, 9:48am

Re: some more replies
Hi Cesar, I'm not against the idea in theory, but with the number of variables (season, geography, body size, etc) I'm not convinced that 3-4 categories will really be useful in conversati...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I say let's decide on a general consensus of Ultralight definitions and terms.
January 03, 9:15am

Re: Locus Gear
Thanks, Dan, I was hoping you'd chime in. I don't do anything gnarly, so perhaps I will try some when I have the cash to spare.

In GEAR » Locus Gear
January 03, 8:47am

Re: Dual-Use
I would think a dickey might be more practical? http://www.sierratradingpost.com/due-north-fleece-dickey-turtleneck-for-men-and-women~p~2536g/

In GEAR » 1.59 oz half vest thingy?
January 02, 10:59am

Re: Re: Re: not a bad start for voting
What is the actual benefit to having concrete weight categories?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I say let's decide on a general consensus of Ultralight definitions and terms.
January 02, 10:49am

Re: khufu
Are the trekking poles robust enough for skiing? I currently own BD Trails b/c I don't want the clutter of summer and winter poles. The CP3 flicklocks would save quite a bit of weight, but unle...

In GEAR » Locus Gear
January 02, 10:46am

Re: Re: Re: NM packraft
This was a great writeup. Thanks for shraing!

In Post-Trip Reports » Attempted packraft circumnav of Valles Caldera, NM
January 01, 7:51pm

All Reader Reviews by spelt !

spelt ! has posted no reviews.