BPL Community Profile

Steve Meier (smeier) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me I am in my late-40's and really got interested in backpacking about 10 years ago as a way to have some concentrated time with my boys, now all finishing up high school or in college. I try to get out a few times a year, including a bi-annual trip to Colorado for some of the big stuff. Otherwise I am stuck in the very boring midwest where everything exciting is a good day's drive away.
CityIndianapolis
StateIN
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListUL tarp-solo

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steve Meier

Showing 111 - 120 of 257 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...26

Forum » Thread

Red River Gorge, KY
I've heard from a couple of people recently that there is great hiking in Red River Gorge, KY. Anyone have any experience hiking here, along with trail recommendations? Looking at 3-4 days of...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Red River Gorge, KY
June 17, 10:27am

Polycro
I wouldn't personally cut down the polycro to just the shape of your bivy but rather keep it oversized so it is not only under your bivy but a clean place to put your toiletries, etc as well as...

In GEAR » New to the bivy world. Looking for advice and tips!
June 15, 8:36am

Salomon mids
I just ordered some Salomon mid's and am taking them back due to the heel lift, signicately more than their normal hiking shoe. Still very light and comfortable.

In GEAR » Need trail shoe recommendations with heel lift
June 14, 7:34am

+1 on the bug bivy
J Dos, I have a long/wide bug bivy from Borah and am very pleased with it (I am 6', 245 lbs). As others have mentioned it is great under a tarp in inclement weather and great for cowboy ca...

In GEAR » New to the bivy world. Looking for advice and tips!
June 14, 7:28am

Kudo's to MSR
Just a shout out to MSR on outstanding customer service. I recently lent out my 8 year old Hubba Hubba to some friends who reported back to me that the tent wetted out on them, something it had ne...

In GEAR » Kudo's to MSR
June 12, 11:44am

combo
I like having the cubin groundsheet sewin in for the convenience and to keep the remaining mesh clean and free of dirt & debris You give up some of the versatility of not being seperate but no...

In Multiple Use Gear » Cuben groundsheet for Hexamid Twin
June 11, 1:09pm

both
I've used the poly both inside and outside of the Hexamid and found that I liked it more on the outside for the reason that you stated: it kept the netting cleaner and I spent a lot less time p...

In GEAR » Has anyone used polycyro under Hexamid net?
June 10, 11:37am

Hmmm...
"Do you, ummmmmm, like old fat guys? With great insurance?" "Only if you like old fat chicks whose fashion sense comes from an REI garage sale...." That there sounds like ...

In Philosophy & Technique » lifestyle choices
June 10, 9:43am

WTB Osprey Talon 33 size M/L
WTB Osprey Talon 33 size M/L

In Gear Swap » WTB Osprey Talon 33 size M/L
June 09, 1:49pm

Let me check
I believe I have one that I've not used in some time, so probably time to give it a good home. I'll check when I get home tonight and get back with you.

In Gear Swap » WTB: Osprey Atmos 65 Size M
June 03, 9:45am

All Reader Reviews by Steve Meier

Steve Meier has posted no reviews.