BPL Community Profile

Stephen Komae (skomae) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale northeastern US
About Me Stephen Komae has not added a biography yet.
StateNew York

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stephen Komae

Showing 111 - 120 of 230 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Sierra Designs
>The Microlight is a tough one for us, because it is the best selling item in our line-up. In fact, we just met today to discuss what to do with that item, because nobody on our team likes this ...

In GEAR » New Down Quilt from Sierra Designs with built in hood and hand pockets
September 26, 9:43pm

Sierra Designs
Thanks for chiming in Michael and talking to us about the work you guys have been up to. I've noticed that Sierra Designs lately has really started to make truly relevant stuff and it's exc...

In GEAR » New Down Quilt from Sierra Designs with built in hood and hand pockets
September 26, 4:21pm

Re: Tough Call
> My 3-season pack has historically been a Buttermilk 40, actually, which is pretty cool. Great pack, huh? Very much so. For a pack that is supposed to be stripped down I've never found i...

In GEAR » Pack for Peak Assaulting?
September 26, 1:33pm

Your 3-season multi day pack
I've been using my regular 3-season multiday pack, which happens to be a Buttermilks 55. It compresses down just fine to hold less things and carries quite comfortably.

In GEAR » Pack for Peak Assaulting?
September 26, 9:09am

Re: Re: about EB
I always feel like it takes extra time for a heavier synthetic jacket to warm up. Try doing a few jumping jacks in it! In other news, the Accelerant is one of my favorite jackets, but I do not u...

In GEAR » synthetic jacket help needed
September 25, 11:20pm

Re: PL1
> fun fact about LL bean > they use PL1 on quite a few of their competitively priced jackets ... Thanks for turning me on to these. I've never seen them in the LL Bean stores and t...

In GEAR » NPR Reports: REI vs L.L. Bean Return Policy
September 25, 12:27pm

Re: 100gm
What Eric the bear said. You should look at 100g/m2 or warmer synthetic jackets if you want something to supplement your R2 particularly in winter. A 60g/m2 would be similar in warmth to your R2 wi...

In GEAR » synthetic jacket help needed
September 25, 11:34am

REI Garage Sales
In an effort to get this thread back on track, I would like to reveal to you the dirty secret about garage sales: they are actually priced randomly! I've heard a lot of interesting speculati...

September 25, 11:21am

Re: Abuse
> I definitely don't think it's designed to be abused, nor do I think that's ok. > I definitely DO think it's designed to handle the inevitable abuse that does occur. Ye...

September 25, 11:10am

Re: Oh, I'll judge you if I so choose, Brother...
> The deal that is made when one buys an item from a store like REI or LL Bean is that you will pay the agreed price and can return it if you find it somehow unsatisfactory. Returning a shoe if ...

September 25, 10:43am

All Reader Reviews by Stephen Komae

Stephen Komae has posted no reviews.