BPL Community Profile

Steofan The Apostate (simaulius) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Bohemian Alps
About Me Running in the hills north of Lincoln NE, where, in the words of Ted Koosier, the glaciers kicked the mud and rocks off of their galoshes before stomping back to Canada.
Running 3-6 miles every day. Counting down to Colorado trip in June, YNP in July. Walking out to short overnights, driving out when I get the rare two days-off in a row.
StateNebraska

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steofan The Apostate

Showing 111 - 120 of 310 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...31

Forum » Thread

"deja vu all over again"
This one sloshed through the forum a couple of weeks ago. A Biolite Stove would be great to try out, but I've been watching their site for a couple of years now and unless I missed a release ...

In GEAR » BioLite Stove
February 19, 9:07pm

Newest Hiking Partner
Congrats!! "I took him and Walker (our 22 month old) out on babies first walk yesterday - it was crisp and felt great to be outside!" Outside and on the trail already! Looks like e...

In Chaff » My Newest Hiking Partner Isn't UL
February 12, 9:37am

Alcohol Stoves a fire hazard?
In the video, Rabbit said that the great alcohol stove fire was "an accident that could happen to anybody", and "we just all need to be more careful"... as he sat a table lit by...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Alcohol Stoves a fire hazard?
February 11, 6:51pm

Go with flash drives
8, 16, 32, 64GB flash drives are on sale at so many box stores that there is no reason to pay full price for these. I carry a couple loaded with pictures to use to help sell printers at my part-tim...

In GEAR » External Hard Drives (for Digital Nomads)
February 10, 7:22pm

Storage Solution?
Sam, shoot an email to lukesultralite.com . He makes cuben bags, organizer pouches and a couple of dyneema X pouches (one is a pack lid) and might come up with an idea or two.

In Make Your Own Gear » Snow Science Tools - Storage Solution
February 10, 7:02pm

LLBean, still...
LLBean does have their Showers Pass Storm Pants in the Cycling Section, $59 & free shipping. No idea on the weight. Nylon, so waterproof: yes, breathable: no.

In GEAR » lighter full zip rain pants?
February 09, 10:31am

Re: Wood gas stove
I used an artilce on this site that came out a couple of years ago to build this one. It gets quite a bit of use, both with wood and a Trangia burner that fits in the top.

In Make Your Own Gear » Wood gas stove
February 06, 11:19am

Verto is VERY NICE
I've tried the Verto jacket on and REALLY like it! The best way to check for fit is by going to the North Face website and look at the sizing on the Verto page. The measurements that they give ...

In GEAR » Patagonia Houdini vs North Face Verto?
February 06, 10:55am

QR Codes + Trail Signs = Innovation!
Jared, Amazing! This is my first time on this thread and you are turning out some very nice work! My last employer produced an iPad & iPhone interface to compliment their medical software pa...

In GEAR » QR Codes + Trail Signs
January 29, 10:23pm

Fancy restaurant tablecloth bread crumb sweeper thingy
Interesting ideas, everyone! I have an old aluminum horse sweat scraper hanging up in the barn that would be perfect. You can also buy table crumb sweepers in various colors for under $3 on Ama...

In Make Your Own Gear » Fancy restaurant tablecloth bread crumb sweeper thingy
January 25, 12:53pm

All Reader Reviews by Steofan The Apostate

Steofan The Apostate has posted no reviews.