BPL Community Profile

Serge G. (sgiachetti) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Boulder, CO
About Me I started backpacking as a teenager in southern appalachia. My summers in college were spent in mountain heaven, glacier national park. Since then, I've lived and played in the high sierras, the cascades, and now the colorado front range. Walking in the mountains with a light pack never seems to lose its charm. I recently picked up a bad habit called climbing.
CityBoulder
StateCO
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://sergegiachetti.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Serge G.

Showing 111 - 120 of 616 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...62

Forum » Thread

interested
pm sent. interested.

In Gear Swap » FS: MSR Twin Sisters
October 15, 12:25am

all season
wow, interesting info on the EN tests, Rick. Reminds me of the recent bpl article about the effects of wind on insulation. A mat can be 'hot' in the way that a sleeping bag is 'hot&...

In GEAR » Neo XTherm too warm?
October 14, 3:36am

still looking
ti sumo anyone?

In Gear Swap » WTB: Jetboil Sumo Titanium Cup
October 13, 6:31am

WTB: I/O Bio Pilot Suit (L or M)
I turned 30 a few days ago, and I'm coming to terms with the reality that many of my childhood dreams will never come to fruition. For instance, I will not likely become a ninja in this lifetim...

In Gear Swap » WTB: I/O Bio Pilot Suit (L or M)
October 13, 6:30am

quick update
Just a quick update: ordered a few different options to compare and see if the drom would fit in another insulated hyrdo pouch. The 4L drom fits quite well (filled with 3L of water) in the camelbac...

In GEAR » Dromedary Hydration
October 13, 12:07am

duradrom
thanks susan. ten years is impressive. camelback has had plenty of time to up there game, but the first and only camelback I had about 12 years ago, busted open in my pack like the 2nd time I used ...

October 11, 2:03am

goosefeet
good point paul. I was actually making the assumption that ben at goosefeet could make me some with a zip for a bit less weight. I'll send him a message.

In GEAR » down vs. synthetic insulated pants for winter
October 08, 10:09pm

fair enough
fair enough, if this seems to be a reoccurring problem. I though they were crediting you, not offering you a discount. I was just surprised, since they replaced my stove upon inspection, and gladly...

In GEAR » Bad experience with Jetboil
October 08, 9:58pm

thanks
Thanks guys. I'm going to give the dromilite a shot. I'll let you know how it goes. Dave, thanks thats what I was looking for. Enjoy the southwest. If the stars aline I'll be down t...

October 08, 9:15pm

good customer service
Jetboil went out of there way to help me with an issue I had with my stove. The replaced it for free, with the updated version. Then when my old pot didn't lock with the new stove, they quickly...

In GEAR » Bad experience with Jetboil
October 08, 9:11pm

All Reader Reviews by Serge G.

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Trail Designs Customer Service
Rand was really helpful on two stove purchases. Answered all questions almost immediately and helped get a sidewinder made for me at a moment's notice for a trip. Couldn't as for better custom...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 10, 3:44am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
I'm very impressed with this pack. I tried out a few packs for a planned AT thru hike (didn't pan out yet), and this was far and a away my favorite. With the stay and sitpad, the pack conforms...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:59am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
edit: double post

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:56am