BPL Community Profile

Serge G. (sgiachetti) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Boulder, CO
About Me I started backpacking as a teenager in southern appalachia. My summers in college were spent in mountain heaven, glacier national park. Since then, I've lived and played in the high sierras, the cascades, and now the colorado front range. Walking in the mountains with a light pack never seems to lose its charm. I recently picked up a bad habit called climbing.
CityBoulder
StateCO
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://sergegiachetti.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Serge G.

Showing 111 - 120 of 678 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...68

Forum » Thread

anorak
yeah, I bet that anorak will be a favorite around here. I've been tempted by the ex-light and plasma, but the lack of a sealing at the hem has been a deal breaker. I wonder if the anorak has a ...

In GEAR » Outdoor retailer recap
February 01, 12:20am

fastpacking
I know its stupid to gossip and speculate based on this little info, but thats what you guys get, Ron for rolling something so promising looking out so slowly.... :) After seeing the harness sy...

In GEAR » new SMD packs
January 31, 10:24pm

Re: .
@chistopher yi I just bought a M borah gear down vest for $100 at 3.6 oz. I wear a M in most puffy layers as well, and this will layer a close fitting puffy or under a looser fitting one just fi...

In GEAR » Montbell UL Down Jacket
January 30, 11:55pm

new xlite small
Tyler, if you hold out, you should be able to find a neo air xlite small for about $100 either on great swap or with sales/coupons. Its lighter than the older ones & maybe warmer

In GEAR » Sleeping pads
January 28, 5:58pm

Omen
@ Mark Yes, the spirit of the internet has spoken, and it says: Mirage. ...but seriously, what Dan said rings true for me. I think for a three season down jacket, something like the pat UL hoo...

In GEAR » Recommendations for down jacket
January 27, 11:49pm

Headlamp Geekery
Despite frequently depending on headlamps, for some reason comparing the attributes of various models goes beyond the limits of my gear geekery. I came across some pretty thorough testing of a broa...

In GEAR » Headlamp Geekery
January 27, 5:10am

4ish oz
I bet something with 3-4 oz of high loft down would do you better. That Ex lite also doesn't have a hem, so heat can escape that way. This is a good deal and pretty light: http://www.montbe...

January 27, 12:05am

which?
Which 900 fill jacket did you have?

January 26, 10:47pm

running
I'd love it if this pack was suitable for running but I'm not holding my breath, since thats a hard thing to pull off. Wide (on the chest) ergonomic shoulder straps are a plus. The two lowe...

In GEAR » new SMD packs
January 26, 8:52pm

deleted
double post

In GEAR » Best Down Vest between Borah Gear Ultralight Down Vest, Luke;s Ultralight Down Vest, BRG Down Vest
January 25, 1:51am

All Reader Reviews by Serge G.

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Trail Designs Customer Service
Rand was really helpful on two stove purchases. Answered all questions almost immediately and helped get a sidewinder made for me at a moment's notice for a trip. Couldn't as for better custom...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 10, 3:44am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
I'm very impressed with this pack. I tried out a few packs for a planned AT thru hike (didn't pan out yet), and this was far and a away my favorite. With the stay and sitpad, the pack conforms...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:59am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
edit: double post

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:56am