Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Piper S. (sbhikes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Barbara (Name: Diane)
About Me I hiked 3000 miles of the PCT over 2008 and 2009, about half the trail each time. I now hike in the backcountry of Santa Barbara and Ventura counties. I'm a Trail Ambassador for Gossamer Gear.
CitySanta Barbara
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://santabarbarahikes.com
My PDF Gear ListPiper's Gear

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Piper S.

Showing 111 - 120 of 1480 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...148

Forum » Thread

How do you find out what lasts your new balance shoes use?
I have some old NB Minimus 730. I want to find out what last they use and see if I can find some trail runners that use the same last. While I enjoy hiking in these shoes, I have had thorns go righ...

In GEAR » How do you find out what lasts your new balance shoes use?
May 04, 3:10pm

Re: Is it possible to paint or dye my nylon sun hat?
Is it one of those broad sun hats like Sunday Afternoon makes? I've noticed that some men can really pull that hat off well and others not so much. It's sort of an odd hat. I don't thin...

In Make Your Own Gear » Is it possible to paint or dye my nylon sun hat?
May 04, 9:27am

Re: Pat, Rovers and Salomon Ultras
I hiked the Winds from Big Sandy to Green Lake with some CDT hiker friends who were thru-hiking at the time. I brought my leather Keen hiking shoes thinking maybe this trail would be too rugged for...

In GEAR » Suggest a lightweight shoe for heavy loads and lots of Water+ technical terrain? Raptors, Salomon X Ultra ?
May 04, 9:05am

Re: Re: Re: Is it possible to paint or dye my nylon sun hat?
Wrap a snake skin around it. Stick some fishing lures in it.

In Make Your Own Gear » Is it possible to paint or dye my nylon sun hat?
May 03, 5:58pm

Hiking skirt from pants
I'm not a very good seamstress but here's my attempt at a hiking shirt made from a pair of pants. These were Ex-Officio capris that I found at the thrift store. Like all ladies hiking "...

In Make Your Own Gear » Hiking skirt from pants
May 01, 8:00am

Re: Spiritual aspect of wilderness
I really got started with backpacking mostly through my church youth groups as a kid. Backpacking was pretty popular back in the 70s. We'd usually have at least one guitar and sing some popular...

In Philosophy & Technique » Spiritual aspects of wilderness
April 30, 12:09pm

Re: Re: Fantastic Plastic Elastic Backpack cover
> One bush or branch and it's a goner. You'd have to be somewhat careful, but I used a hefty bag as a pack cover on brushy trail and it never tore. I used polycro as a ground sheet an...

In Make Your Own Gear » Polycryo Elesticated Backpack cover :)
April 30, 11:56am

Re: Wife needs a new bag. Any ladies out there have suggestions?
The day backpacking became a thing for me was the day (night) I finally slept warm in a decent sleeping bag. Do not cheap out on the sleeping bag. It's the difference between suffering and sple...

In GEAR » Wife needs a new bag. Any ladies out there have suggestions?
April 29, 9:33am

Re: Oh, UL Fabric Gurus...
P.S. This lady makes her own hiking skirts and they look really nice. She uses lycra and ripstop in panels. http://ramblinghemlock.blogspot.com/2015/04/next-generation-diy-hiking-skirt.html

In Make Your Own Gear » Oh, UL Fabric Gurus...
April 29, 8:13am

Re: Re: Oh, UL Fabric Gurus...
A friend of mine used some kind of silk or silk-like lining fabric, used for suit coats, as extendable shorts. He's close to albino in color and likes to hike in shorts so he added an inner lin...

In Make Your Own Gear » Oh, UL Fabric Gurus...
April 29, 8:12am

All Reader Reviews by Piper S.

Piper S. has posted no reviews.