BPL Community Profile

Sarah Kirkconnell (sarbar) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale In the shadow of Mt. Rainier
About Me Love to hike, backpack, snowshoe, cook and 4 wheel. If it is outdoors, I am happy! Love hiking most, preferably with a light pack and a sunny alpine meadow ahead of me.
My husband and I run www.freezerbagcooking.com / www.trailcooking.com and our frequently updated blog at www.blog.trailcooking.com as well as my personal blog www.gazingin.com
We are the authors of 3 outdoor cookbooks and the people behind FBC.
CityKing County
StateWA
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://www.trailcooking.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Sarah Kirkconnell

Showing 111 - 120 of 4302 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...431

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Cookie dough
Have any of you tried raw cookie dough that is made without eggs? It is designed for munching, not baking. Doesn't freeze solid either due to the fat. Oinks.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Winter Comfort Food
December 12, 9:15am

Re: Do kids need more insulation than adults in cold weather?
KIids DO love the cold/hot and live to get wet/muddy....but once they get too cold, it goes downhill badly, fast. The key is being prepared with backup. Let them have fun, but know when it is ti...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Do kids need more insulation than adults in cold weather?
December 11, 10:12pm

Re: Spicy Ramen
Add in some dried mushrooms, onions, sesame oil and siracha sauce and yeah, I'm all over it ;-)

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Winter Comfort Food
December 11, 10:10pm

Re: dd
I read on my Kindle app on my Nokia Lumia 1020 every day. It actually works quite well when backpacking, although yes, it does eat battery. And depending on your library...it can be a goldmine. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » kindle fire hd tablet...any good?
December 10, 9:59pm

Re: Do kids need more insulation than adults in cold weather?
YES!!!!!!!! And they need not only more warm clothing, they just need more clothing in general. Even now I still carry an extra outfit in the van for my oldest son - and he is 16. Heck, I leave ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Do kids need more insulation than adults in cold weather?
December 09, 2:46pm

Wanna Get Fat? I kid! Or Maybe Not......
I am hosting 3 days on ebook free days via Amazon on my blogs this week. Today, Wed and Friday will be a different one. http://blog.trailcooking.com/2013/12/09/happy-holidays-3-free-week/ Mon...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Wanna Get Fat? I kid! Or Maybe Not......
December 09, 2:40pm

Two words
Two words that show why regulation can be a good thing: Chinese Smog.

In Chaff » the non-aggression principle
December 06, 10:33am

Re: Chipotle,lime, black beans
True Lime powder - most grocery stores carry it :-) So does Minimus.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Fish Tacos
December 03, 11:58am

Re: Paleo Pantry
I'd like to add into the discussion that I soundly give Paleo To Go thumbs up. Wow! It isn't often I say i loved a fd meal. It was that good!

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Freeze Dried Paleo
December 02, 9:17pm

Re: Racoons
Steven, Most likely if it was a single raccoon being chased by a group, the lone one was a male. The females often live together. They don't take well to solo men showing up unless they are ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Close encounters of the most scary and odoriferous kind
November 27, 11:15pm

All Reader Reviews by Sarah Kirkconnell

Showing 1 - 10 of 26 | Page: 1 2 3

Review

Category

Maruchan Ramen
I use the noodles as a base. If you use them as "instant pasta" you will have fast and easy meals. I take the ramen block and 1/4 cup of freeze dried vegetables, then cover with boiling wate...

In Foods - Prepackaged Meals & Side Dishes
September 08, 8:56am

Guyot Designs Firefly
I picked up a Firefly a couple weeks ago on a whim. I figured it would be a fun toy, and maybe make the one Lexan bottle I carry a bit more multi purpose. I tried it out recently. (it was used on a s...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
March 18, 10:16pm

Luna Bars Sunrise
As noted, I am not a fan normally of "energy bars". But, Sunrise Luna Bars are very, very good! Aimed at women, and designed for breakfast, they are good anytime of the day. They are ...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
March 10, 11:25pm

Jocalat bars (by Larabar) Chocolate
Recently I was sent an entire box of Larabars from the company, with every flavor in it. It had in it all the JOCALAT bars also. I love Larabars already, and the JOCALAT ones? Even more. The coffee fl...

March 07, 4:59pm

Garmin Foretrex 201
My husband bought me one for this years Christmas. I wondered how much I would like or hate it. After having around a month to play with it, I can say I love it! It took me awhile to figure out...

In Navigation Gear & Accessories
January 20, 9:02am

Laura's Wholesome Junk Food All Flavors
I found http://www.lauraswholesomejunkfood.com/ at a local organic grocery in my town, and fell in love with them. They come in 7 ounce tubs, with a long shelf life. They can be easily repackaged ...

January 09, 10:46pm

Fantastic Foods Instant Black and Brown Beans
I have been using FF's instant beans for at least 10 years now. A box stretches out and makes a couple meals on the trail. For use in burritos, bean dips and soups/chowders they are great. The ...

January 07, 10:10pm

Just Tomatoes Just Veggies
You can find the Just Tomato line at most REI's, in natural food stores and online, thru their website, www.justtomatoes.com. My favorite product by them is their Just Veggies blend. It comes i...

January 07, 10:04pm

Kelty Illusion, Women's
I bought my Illusion when it came out, in 2004. For the most part, it is my winter and hauler pack when I need space. The pack is 3500 ci, and weighs in at the advertised weight of 3 lbs 6 ounces....

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
January 07, 9:00pm

Mountain Safety Research (MSR)
MSR's customer service, along with their parent company, Cascade Designs, has fantastic customer service. They warrantied a Sweetwater filter that started blowing water out of the side (the one th...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 13, 10:42pm