BPL Community Profile

Ryan Faulkner (ryanf) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mid atlantic, No. Cal
About Me My name is Ryan Faulkner, i am 17 years old, and have been UL backpacking for about 7 years. I have been inspired by hikers like Andrew Skurka, and Ryan Jordan, and have dedicated my trips to going light and fast.
I plan on hiking the PCT and AT before finishing college, and after I hope to get some sort of a career in the backpacking industry.(I havent quite figured out how exactly, but i will :)
I have some big plans for the future, but ill keep those quiet for now ;-P
StateVirginia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.ryanfaulknerphotography.com
My PDF Gear ListWinds-Yellowstone Trek 2008

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Faulkner

Showing 111 - 120 of 916 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...92

Forum » Thread

N. sierra photo gallery
I finally got around to scanning and croping (the pix were all taken on disposeable cameras) the pictures from a trip I took with my dad last august connecting a network of trails between lake taho...

In Photo Gallery » N. sierra photo gallery
June 05, 3:15pm

Tahoe-yosemite PICTURES
just a note. that sign in the middle actually says BOND PASS ELEV. 9800 I put this in because it was the entrance to yosemite on this trip, not because it was the high point. there was an...

In Gear Lists » Tahoe-Yosemite trail gearlist
June 04, 5:20pm

TYT PICTURES
today I finally got around to scanning and croping all my pictures from my trek last august (Im bringing my digital camera next time;P) here are just a few of my favorites **EDIT** moved ...

In Gear Lists » Tahoe-Yosemite trail gearlist
June 04, 4:40pm

Re: Re: Lightweight Vendors
thanks for all the pictures

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » trail days 07
May 27, 10:01am

Re: hypoxic training for mountaineering?
Very interesting product. Definately something that would help in any mountaineering endeavor, But I would not recomend "rushing" up a mountain like everest. It says on the site that it c...

In GEAR » hypoxic training for mountaineering?
May 23, 3:02pm

Re: Uncooked Oatmeal
Ive done the same thing Oatmeal + some mashed up almonds + a little water = breakfast

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Uncooked Oatmeal
May 21, 12:46pm

Re: Re: GoLite Odyssey.
Ive used my golite Jam (slightly smaller than the Jam2) with my Ursack hybrid with no problems. If you are using an old bear can I would recomend the Ursack hybrid. only 20oz, and when used with th...

In GEAR » GoLite Odyssey.
May 10, 12:50pm

Re: RE: lightest alcohol stove & pot setup
The absolute lightest alc. stove system I have used succesfully was a mini zen stove + can adapter and a sprite can cut to 4 inches tall. and a foil lid. I could boil 8oz with this little system ...

In GEAR » lightest alcohol stove & pot setup
May 05, 1:53pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: PCT thru hike gearlist
Thats good to hear about the rain in washington, i will probably start in early June and finish in august. ~75-85 days I dont usually put on the windpants if it is warm enough, or just drizzlein...

In Gear Lists » PCT thru hike gearlist
May 02, 7:49pm

unresuplied/ unsupported
I always considered a hike in which you carry all of your gear/ food to finish the hike is without resupply. when a hike completed without a support crew is considered unsuported Ex. "Co...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What does "unsupported" stand for to you?
May 02, 1:20pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Faulkner

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BackpackingLight.com Premium Membership
I am so glad I found this website, before this site I was carrying a 30-40lb pack, after reading the articles I got my list under 10, and after joining the forums, well carrying less than 4 pounds is ...

In Books and Media
December 31, 10:20pm

Snow Peak Gigapower Ti
Good thought. I bring this stove whenever I need to simmer, one disadvantage of alcohol stoves. I like it much, much, much better than the MSR pocket rocket, the 4 titanium stands are much more ...

In Stoves - Canister
December 30, 1:25pm

ThermoJet MicroLite
I did not buy this stove, in fact, I have never bought a alcohol stove, but have many of the MBD stoves and tonight added this wonder to my collection. I actually

In Stoves - Alcohol
December 09, 9:56pm

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
I did not purchase a pocket puck from mini bull design, but from looking at pictures and from expeience from making other stoves I made my own flattened side burner stove. I like the overall design, w...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 06, 1:16pm