BPL Community Profile

Ryan Linn (ryan.c.linn) - BPL Guest

My Locale Maine!
About Me I've worked for the Appalachian Mountain Club and Green Mountain Club for several seasons. I led a trail crew in Vermont for the Vermont Youth Conservation Corps near Stratton Mountain. I hope to continue working on or near hiking trails, although the seasonal work thing is hard to sustain over the long run. We'll see how that goes...

AT 2007, New England Trail 2009, PCT 2010. CDT...?
My Website URLhttp://guthook.blogspot.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Linn

Showing 111 - 120 of 510 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...51

Forum » Thread

Re: After the holidays for sure...
Absolutely! I'm going to be out of commission until mid-January at least, but I definitely want to get into some more winter backpacking. Easing into it is the right idea. I don't know h...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » New England-area GTG #2: Winter Wonderland
November 18, 4:49am

Re: Forest and Crag
Another vote for Forest And Crag. If you're into climbing, Yankee Rock And Ice is by the same authors, and was originally part of the same book until they realized it made the book too huge. Yo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking books w/ historical information on how trails/parks/areas came about
November 16, 5:45am

Re: EMS ML
I took some quick measurements at EMS today in case anyone is interested. The new Mountain Light 0 looks pretty snazzy, although the amount of loft is very different throughout the bag. According t...

In GEAR » Best 0 Bag for the Money?
November 15, 4:23pm

Re: Failure to Launch
That's my kind of trip! :) I find it's good to have a bad experience like this one every once in a while-- it makes for good stories, and it makes the good trips seem that much better in...

In Post-Trip Reports » Failure to Launch: A misadventure along the Michigan Shore to Shore Trail
November 14, 3:43pm

Re: worry
Yeah, as I said-- if I don't know what's in it, I won't buy it. But I wish they had the info readily available. Asked EMS and they didn't know. Maybe I asked the wrong person. As...

In GEAR » Amount of loft in down jackets
November 11, 12:18pm

Re: Lack of spec
Yep. That's exactly what I do. Maybe someday they'll list them and I'll see how comparable they are to MB, WM, etc.

November 11, 11:21am

Re: EMS ML
I've had my eyes on this for a few days, too. I can't wait to hear how it performs at the lower end of its temp rating, especially since the -20 version is 1.75 pounds heavier than the 0, w...

In GEAR » Best 0 Bag for the Money?
November 11, 10:31am

Re: loft
"i can tell you that my 900 fill MB EXL on a wet cold day does not insulate much better than one of my synth jackets" Part of that fits into my point-- the EX Light has 1.8 ounces of d...

November 11, 10:21am

Re: Re: Re: Amount of loft in down jackets
Stuart, the question isn't about the weight of the jackets or the definition of fill power. I fully understand that 800 fill is higher lofting per ounce-- my problem is with the claims that the...

November 11, 7:37am

Amount of loft in down jackets
This is something that has been bugging me for a few years, and I don't know why I haven't asked the BPL community yet. Let's hear what you think! A few years ago, Eastern Mountain S...

November 11, 5:44am

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Linn

Ryan Linn has posted no reviews.