BPL Community Profile

Curtis B. (rutilate) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale New England
About Me Getting lighter and lighter, but those twinkies just don't seem to be helping much.
CityLittleton
StateMA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear List6 Days through Yellowstone in August, 2011

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Curtis B.

Showing 111 - 120 of 377 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...38

Forum » Thread

Cleaning corrosion from inside Leki poles
I sent my poles home with my family after a major hike together and they dutifully put them away-while still wet. I pulled them out this weekend and they have corroded inside. Leki mentions on the...

In GEAR » Cleaning corrosion from inside Leki poles
February 26, 1:51pm

How do I tell what size Gregory z55 I have?
I'm cleaning out packs and am preparing to sell my Gregory z55, and for the life of me I can't find the size indicator on the pack. Where is it? It is about 3-4 years old. Did they make ...

In GEAR » How do I tell what size Gregory z55 I have?
February 26, 1:42pm

Looking for a light-weight roller carryon
If I travel it is usually for business, requiring 1-2 suits, 2 pr slacks, 3-4 shirts, etc. that can't be avoided. For everything else, though, I'm simply carrying less. My carryon bag typ...

In Philosophy & Technique » How Do You Pack Different When Traveling?
February 17, 7:14pm

Can I replace two Caldera Ti-Tri with Jetboil Sol Ti or Jetoil Sumo Ti for group trips?
My ultimate question is: Could I take a single Sol Ti or Single Sumo Ti and decrease overall weight vs. two Caldera Ti-Tri setups? To answer this I'd like some help in computing the break-ev...

In GEAR » Can I replace two Caldera Ti-Tri with Jetboil Sol Ti or Jetoil Sumo Ti for group trips?
February 17, 6:28pm

Re: Red M
Addi wrote: Holy frijoles, .... LOL! I don't think I've ever heard that particular expletive! Thanks for lightening my day.

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Non-Members Offering to Buy & Sell on Gear Swap Forum
February 17, 4:35pm

buy a membership
Go ahead and buy a membership. Costs you $25 and if you save $20 on pots, the membership is nearly free. I just saved ~$65 on buying used snow pants compared with buying them new. With just on...

In Gear Deals » Any site I could monitor for a sale on Evernew or Snow Peak pots?
February 16, 7:48pm

Bibs are a possibility as well
Bibs are certainly a possibility! Anyone else?

In Gear Swap » WTB: 2 pr snow pants in M's Med AND M's Small
February 12, 3:02pm

Great article!
This was perhaps one of the best articles I've read in a while. It expertly provides a fascinating summary of the cottage industry's rise and peers into the potential for decline.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Cottage Stagnation and a Thorough Response
February 12, 6:45am

interested
I am interested in the Columbia pants. Send an email with the details! cnbingham (atta) gmail (dottod) com.

In Gear Swap » WTB: 2 pr snow pants in M's Med AND M's Small
February 12, 6:18am

White Mountains in Feb--where campfires are allowed
I'm taking a group of boys up to make igloos in the White Mountains in a couple of weeks and would like to find a camp site that will allow a carefully contained fire. While we can certainly d...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » White Mountains in Feb--where campfires are allowed
February 11, 10:30pm

All Reader Reviews by Curtis B.

Curtis B. has posted no reviews.