BPL Community Profile

Rusty Beaver (rustyb) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Rocky Mountains
About Me Rusty Beaver has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rusty Beaver

Showing 111 - 120 of 804 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...81

Forum » Thread

Re: How do you find the Vireo?
Hope I didn't come across as trying to sell you on the idea of the Vireo. Just sharing what I finally did. :-) I've only used my custom Vireo a couple of times...once above freezing and ...

In GEAR » Quilt vs bag, input wanted (Alsek vs Hummingbird)
July 23, 10:13am

Re: Quilt vs bag, input wanted (Alsek vs Hummingbird)
I love the theory behind the quilt. And they are obviously popular with some. I pondered the ol' question, "quilt or bag" for ~2 yrs. The final nail in the quilt coffin was driven in ...

In GEAR » Quilt vs bag, input wanted (Alsek vs Hummingbird)
July 23, 8:45am

Anyone using the Inov-8 TrailRoc 150s? How about the Bare-Grip 200?
In looking for a replacement for my Vivo Breathos, due to the short lived sole, Mark Verber pointed out the TrailRoc 150s. How many miles are people getting from these before the lugs on the sol...

In GEAR » Anyone using the Inov-8 TrailRoc 150s? How about the Bare-Grip 200?
July 21, 9:33am

Re: Re: Longer lasting alternative to Vivobarefoot Breatho? Traction a must.
Justin, Haven't tried the Neo Trails. They appear to have the same rubber compound. They were a tad heavier than I wanted too....plus I like the idea of having something more breathable. ...

In GEAR » Longer lasting alternative to Vivobarefoot Breatho? Traction a must.
July 14, 2:07pm

Longer lasting alternative to Vivobarefoot Breatho? Traction a must.
I love the Vivo Breathos...and was very happy to have found a shoe like them. I can't justify a shoe I can only get 75 miles out of though before the lugs are gone....and that's mostly on t...

In GEAR » Longer lasting alternative to Vivobarefoot Breatho? Traction a must.
July 14, 8:29am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: more info
Stephen, My Summerlite is a long. I had a regular length Highlite and it was too tight, lengthwise, for my liking.

In GEAR » Adding overfill to a Summerlite
July 13, 3:48pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: more info
"I found the Summerlite and Ultralite a bit tight and not suitable for layering..." I can wear my WM Flash jacket in my Summerlite without feeling at all tight. But, I'm 6' and...

July 13, 1:22pm

Re: more info
"If we look at this as a sort of vote, you have I think 4 people who find that the summerlite is a 40 degree bag, a few who find it a 32 degree bag, and that's roughly what the en ratings ...

July 12, 10:17pm

Re: What interesting gear have you found on the trail?
Speaking of which, if someone found a faded green "John Deer" hat between Redfish Lake and Flatrock Crossing, I'd love to get it back. Was trying out my new pack last year and not bei...

In GEAR » What interesting gear have you found on the trail?
July 12, 1:48pm

Re: Price lowered
How many times had it been used prior to the repair? Thanks.

In Gear Swap » FS: Thermarest NeoAir XLite sleeping pad, size Regular
July 01, 7:40am

All Reader Reviews by Rusty Beaver

Rusty Beaver has posted no reviews.