BPL Community Profile

Robert Perkins (rp3957) - BPL Guest

My Locale The Sierras
About Me I usually plan 2- 3 weekend trips in the Sierras a year and try to do one 'long' hike a year. I really like the Central part of the Sierras.
CitySparks
StateNevada
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Robert Perkins

Showing 111 - 120 of 484 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...49

Forum » Thread

What's Your UL Fly and Bubble Rig
Mike, That is a cool set-up for grillin' up some fish. I may have to re-think where I camp in the Sierras so I can have a small fire and eat me some fish! Thanks for the fish stories and the ph...

In Fishing » What's Your UL Fly and Bubble Rig?
May 25, 7:27am

What's Your UL Fly and Bubble Rig
Too funny! Yeah, the whole cooking and cleaning and the extra weight of the cooking and seasoning them is a major reason I don't hassle with keeping them. It is nice to know I could at least ca...

May 23, 7:34pm

JMT 2012 GL - Advice, Please
Susan, I'll probably be echoing a few of the previous replies, but here are a few suggestions: -If you are using the bearcan for storing all of your food and scented items, ditch both the Opsa...

In Gear Lists » JMT 2012 GL - Advice, Please!
May 23, 7:13pm

JMT/PCT Logjam
Ryan. I have been following this pretty close for the last couple of months, and I think you will be fine going in August. The crews are working very fast on clearing out the damage. In a rare comm...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT/PCT Logjam
May 23, 6:47pm

"What's Your UL Fly and Bubble Rig?"
I too have had good success with my Shakespeare collapsible rod for many years now using the fly and bubble method. I have a kit that will fit in a very small pouch. I carry a micro-Leatherman, var...

May 23, 6:34pm

"JMT or so"
You get your permits from here: http://www.recreation.gov/ They are issued for Inyo National Forest. Onion Valley can be 'hit-or-miss' for getting a ride. Lots of day hikers seem to co...

In Pre-Trip Planning » JMT or so
May 22, 7:48pm

High Sierra Trail, Via Shepherd Pass
NM

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » High Sierra Trail, Via Shepherd Pass
May 20, 10:11pm

High Sierra Trail, Via Shepherd Pass
I have permit space for 1, and possibly 2 people for a semi-loop hike on July 28th - August 3rd. I am waiting for a firm yes or no on one person as of now, so right now I have 1 spot for sure open....

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » High Sierra Trail, Via Shepherd Pass
May 20, 5:40pm

Winnemucca
Hey Jack, Is your property out in the Unionville area south of Imlay? If so, don't tell anybody, but it is pretty nice out there. Nice little desert oasis.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Going to Glacier, need camp spots along the way.
May 08, 9:53pm

WTB(orrow): Bearikade Expedition Cannister
Buy one and then sell it here when your done if you don't plan on needing it again for the Sierras. they hold their value very well as you can tell by the lack of responses and cost of what peo...

In Gear Swap » WTB(orrow): Bearikade Expedition Cannister
May 03, 9:54pm

All Reader Reviews by Robert Perkins

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zimmerbuilt Half-Dome, modified
I have owned many packs with some features I liked and dis-liked on each one, so I decided to give the custom order pack method a shot. After a less than pleasant experience with Kooka bay, I went int...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 24, 9:53pm

Osprey Talon 44
I picked up this pack with my REI dividend and have been taking it for a lot of 'test-runs' in the hills and have come to really love it's fit. I have switched between trying out a SMD Swi...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
April 24, 11:23pm

Six Moons Designs 2011 Swift
I have had a chance to do a quick test run of my new Swift pack with pocket hipbelt, and no stays. I am really impressed with how this pack rides! I loaded it up with about 20 pounds and took it for a...

In Backpacks - Frameless
February 09, 8:15pm

KookaBay air mattress
Edit - If I could, I would do two seperate ratings here. The pad would rate a 4, but customer sevice and response time would be a 1. I'll give it an average of 2.5. I got the pad and overall it...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 05, 1:12pm

MSR Mountain Safety Research HyperFlow microfilter
At first I just loved this filter, it had all of the qualities of a good filter; fast pumping, compact, and light. I used it in the Sierra's, in clear water, following the backflushing instruction...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
October 26, 10:32pm