Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Roman Dial (romandial) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale packrafting NZ
About Me A middle aged man, married, fattening up.
CityAnchorage
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Roman Dial

Showing 111 - 120 of 210 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Arctic 1000 Pack
Miguel, The POE dry bags are by far the best with their burp valves and their greater durability. Just don't forget to close the valve after cinching the pack down! The most durable dry b...

In GEAR » ULA Arctic 1000 Packs
April 09, 11:32pm

Re: ULA Arctic 1000 Packs
Bob, The pack can have an additional long strap slid on the central strap for big and tall loads. The ULA pack design is quite good and has lots of flexibility. Never needed a Y-strap eve...

In GEAR » ULA Arctic 1000 Packs
April 09, 11:28pm

Klinky Pine
Ah, I see.... Well a Klinky Pine is a type of Auracaria tree, a 80-90 m PNG version of a monkey puzzle tree.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Miserable Environment: The Worst Conditions?
February 19, 1:45am

max mozzie count
OK, What's your max count, one hand, no smearing? (also when and where!)

In Philosophy & Technique » Tarps and Bugs
February 16, 7:47pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Les Miserables (Alaskan Coast)
Damian, No doubt if you you're Ozzie and been to Tazzie and telling us PNG's the beast -- then that's gotta be the most god-forsaken place! And why/what were you doing there? W...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Miserable Environment: The Worst Conditions?
February 16, 7:39pm

Re: Re: Les Miserables (Alaskan Coast)
Richard, My favorite is the Black Dimond Megamid, too. I do not like the silnylon fabric much. I had a silnylon megamid type made for me back in 2001 and while light -- very light -- it did...

February 16, 3:35pm

Re: Ove Glove
Ove Glove? How about "One" glove? Bring one pair of gloves and share with a partner. Good for hiking and even snowshoeing if you just use one pole. Pull the ungloved hand into the long...

In Multiple Use Gear » Ove Glove
February 16, 12:55am

Re: Les Miserables
Vapor barriers IMHO are great for winter trips when condensation wets the bag and makes it heavy and cold. I once skied across the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge and it was so cold our whiskey...

February 16, 12:50am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Les Miserables
Chris: Yes, a pyramid tent is my preferred option for miserable conditions during the arctic summer. However it takes some experience to set it up in unrelenting rain and wind in conjunction wit...

February 16, 12:46am

Re: Maybe?
Miles, Yes, back from a month long tropical ecology course I teach every couple years. We went to Borneo. Found and climbed some very tall trees there -- redwood sized tropical hardwoods, too, w...

In Philosophy & Technique » General Map ?'s
February 16, 12:34am

All Reader Reviews by Roman Dial

Roman Dial has posted no reviews.