BPL Community Profile

Rick M (rmjapan) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Tokyo, Japan
About Me Rick M has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rick M

Showing 111 - 120 of 863 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...87

Forum » Thread

Re: DWR Down Ye or Nah
Another DWR Down video out offering some more data points. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93jHPiGWAQw I have to say after washing my EB Downlight 50 Stormrepel down jacket for the first time...

In GEAR » DWR Down Ye or Nah
February 14, 6:40pm

New OR Helium Pants and Helium HD Jacket
Now Helium 2 users having a comparable emergency UL rain pant using the Pertex Shield+ 30D fabric. 5.9oz / 166g for size Large. Basic feature set with ankle zips, rear zip pocket (hopefully a stuf...

In GEAR » New OR Helium Pantsand Helium HD Jacket
February 14, 2:34am

Re: Re: Return dilemma
But what if it IS DEFECTIVE and the company agrees? Lot's of products are covered by what seems overly generous warranties. The burden is on the company to decide if the claim is legit or not, ...

In GEAR » Return dilemma
February 13, 8:24pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Return dilemma
Seriously, who cares what the BPL community says?! The clerk at your local REI makes the call assuming you can prove you purchased it new from them. If you feel you have a defective piece, why shou...

In GEAR » Return dilemma
February 13, 6:28pm

Re: Re: Thanks!
IIRC when the bags became EN-rated in the Fall2012 season, the fill weight spec for the #1, #3, and #5 increased as did total weight. But since 0F bags are outside the EN rating system they cannot ...

In GEAR » Montbell bag stretchiness
February 12, 8:33pm

Re: hole in the market
This MH merino-polypro blend is interesting. Wonder how it might differ from the merino 2-capilene blend Patagonia uses? The fabric still seems too heavy to dry fast in Winter if you ask me though....

In GEAR » Options for a Hooded merino long sleeve shirt
February 12, 1:44am

Re: Re: Great socks!
Maybe I should go into the toe sock reselling biz! I can buy synth toe socks here at our equivalent $1 stores in 2-packs.

In GEAR » injinji toe socks
February 11, 7:59pm

Re: Re: Hood
Kewl! 7oz for the this BD Alpine Start seems pretty light for what looks to be ~40D fabrics! About the same as the RAB Alpine that uses 20D Pertex.

In GEAR » Current UL windshirts and breathability: are there other options and layering techniques?
February 11, 7:35pm

Re: Black Diamond Crag Softshell
In practice, NO. Too heavy and hold to much moisture over multi-day hikes. These types of jackets are best for done-in-a-day ski trips or ice/rock climbing where abrasion resistance is needed and t...

In Winter Hiking » Black Diamond Crag Softshell
February 10, 6:36pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: How did I get so heavy? Late Aug JMT solo
@Craig sez, "My advice would be to stop worrying about gear and put your energy into training prior to leaving. Regardless of the mileage you do per day, good training between now and August w...

In Gear Lists » How did I get so heavy? Late Aug JMT solo
February 09, 7:28pm

All Reader Reviews by Rick M

Rick M has posted no reviews.