BPL Community Profile

Rick M (rmjapan) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Tokyo, Japan
About Me Rick M has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rick M

Showing 111 - 120 of 941 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...95

Forum » Thread

Re: warmth of UL down puffy
If a few spins in the dryer fail to fully loft the baffles and holding it up the light reveals some unfilled air space you should consider returning it. The whole design reason to have a multitude ...

In GEAR » warmth of UL down puffy
April 03, 4:48pm

Re: Re: RE: Airbeam Frame
I picked a GG Aji w/airbeam frame a month ago as I wanted a zip panel loader pack to carry dslr camera gear. The Airbeam frame makes a BIG difference in the support as the included plastic frame sh...

In GEAR » Granite Gear Crown V.C. 60 Arrived!
April 03, 4:41pm

Re: Re: Balancing the sky and landscape for vivid colors on
The scene contains to much DYNAMIC RANGE for proper exposure. The old way to capture this type of scene is to use the graduated NDF. That is still the only way to get the shot of a moving subject. ...

In Photography » Balancing the sky and landscape for vivid colors on both
April 02, 10:06pm

Re: 6.3g thermometer with -40f to 120f (-40c to 50c) range
Hey, we've had these in our fridge and freezer now for at least 10yrs I think. Probably bought them at Walmart/Target/Kmart. Forgot about them but now can repurpose since the new fridge has bui...

In GEAR » 6.3g thermometer with -40f to 120f (-40c to 50c) range
April 02, 4:41pm

Re: WTB Down and Synthetic Hooded Jacket
I have a RAB Infinity Endurance Mens XL available and a NWT Patagonia Nano Puff full zip jacket Mens XL.

In Gear Swap » WTB Down and Synthetic Hooded Jacket
April 01, 6:44pm

Re: Stretchy wind pants?
discontinued?? Montbell Japan still sells the UL Stretch Windpant in Mens and Womens which I always thought were the same as the Montbell USA Dynamo. No?

In Make Your Own Gear » Stretchy wind pants?
April 01, 6:15pm

On the subject of winter huts / cabins
Kewl! Fortunate to have those kind of publicly maintained backcountry cabins for Winter use.

In Post-Trip Reports » On the subject of winter huts / cabins
April 01, 5:39pm

Re: Warmth of Polartec Alpha vs. Patagonia R1
I have not seen the Tango but I have seen the RAB Strata, Marmot Isotherm, and the EB Propellant. I like the design and fabric of the Propellant the best but not keen on the color or the price! ...

In GEAR » Warmth of Polartec Alpha vs. Patagonia R1
March 31, 5:42pm

Re: Re: Arcteryx Nuclei - my new favorite jacket
Rick sez "Still, that's a lot of cabbage for a synth jacket. Probably a good warmth/weight ratio. Too bad it doesn't stay that way since the synth degrades with every use." Now...

In Gear Deals » arc teryx nuclei & MH thermostatic hooded <$145
March 28, 11:37pm

Re: Re: something odd
Hah! Didn't even realize this was a deja vu blast from the past! No doubt the Breeze trades at collectors prices though, at least here in Japan.

In Gear Swap » F.S. GOLITE BREEZE PACK
March 28, 10:09pm

All Reader Reviews by Rick M

Rick M has posted no reviews.