Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Randy Nelson (rlnunix) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rockies
About Me Randy Nelson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Nelson

Showing 111 - 120 of 680 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...68

Forum » Thread

Spot accuracy
All I know is my SPOT has been very reliable in CO, UT, and WY. And when I go to Google maps and zoom in on the pics, they are pics of my campsites. Maybe not exactly where I left the SPOT when I s...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Pressing the help button: Drama on andromea
November 05, 7:31pm

Re: Cirque
Here's a few more of the Cirque area from last year's trip for you Rog. This year's trip shared the 5 miles or so from Big Sandy lake to the Lizard Head trail cutoff with last year'...

In Post-Trip Reports » September Trip to the Winds
November 04, 2:31pm

Re: "September Trip to the Winds"
Rog, I did see your TR when you posted it. I didn't want to rub it in so I didn't say anything.:) Your trip was a LOT more ambitious than ours. We did have some poor weather but it was real...

November 04, 11:23am

September Trip to the Winds
Not exactly a timely report but what the heck. My whole year was pretty much ruined for backpacking due to 2 knee surgeries but I decided to get one trip in even if I had to limp through it. Whi...

November 03, 9:30pm

Re: Met on the trail
What can you do? I will occasionally offer advice but the ones who really need it are the least likely to listen. Luckily most people survive in spite of themselves. 14ers are very popular here and...

In Philosophy & Technique » Met on the trail
October 14, 9:57am

Paw/Pad protection
Try Musher's Secret to protect your dogs pads. I've never had a problem with my dogs' pads as we live in the same terrain we backpack in and they get plenty of training miles so their p...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » safe dog
October 14, 9:00am

Re: Backpacking in Hunting Season
In this case I was actually thinking more about the trails that are accessible without having to drive into the park. I haven't seen rangers on them when the park was open. Not that I'm adv...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking in Hunting Season
October 09, 6:40am

Re: Backpacking in Hunting Season
I personally call it quits when first rifle opens. I'm fine with archery and muzzle loaders. I always say there's hunters and those that go hunting. I'm fine with the first, who are ser...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking in Hunting Season
October 08, 9:58pm

Re:"My (failed) attempt at a SHR section."
"I'm going to see a cardiologist." Good choice. My friend has Afib (Atrial Fibrillation) and he has those exact symptoms when it occurs. It's not predictable. Some trips he has...

In Post-Trip Reports » My (failed) attempt at a SHR section.
September 13, 2:58pm

Re: "Which sleeping bag in the Winds next week?"
+1 on the Ultralight. You may not need it but you certainly might. I hope to be getting up there by Thursday or Friday. I'm taking my Alpinlite which has the same 20 degree rating as the Ultral...

In GEAR » Which sleeping bag in the Winds next week?
September 05, 12:27pm

All Reader Reviews by Randy Nelson

Randy Nelson has posted no reviews.