BPL Community Profile

Randy Nelson (rlnunix) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rockies
About Me Randy Nelson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Nelson

Showing 111 - 120 of 583 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...59

Forum » Thread

Instaflator
"I use an Instaflator too. I cut its length in half and removed the other valve options, so now it's down to just over an ounce. Usually, I fill it up about halfway through the fifth ti...

In GEAR » XTherm: use the included pump sack or lungs?
March 30, 11:11pm

FS: MSR Dragonfly - Sold
Sold. MSR Dragonfly for sale. I used it maybe 5-10 times. Comes with stove, pump, floor, windscreen, and an 11 oz bottle. It doesn't have the original stuff sack. It was too small to fit the...

In Gear Swap » FS: MSR Dragonfly
March 26, 8:42am

Re: Re: Why an UL knife instead of scissors?
"James that will NEVER happen to him. he already stated his gear will never fail." Who stated that? Not the OP. James didn't say his gear failed. He forgot to fix something befo...

In GEAR » Why a knife instead of scissors?
March 22, 3:00pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Backpackers and IPAs
Double or Imperial IPAs get up to 10% but the only one I know of in a can is Gubna. Which used to be my go to beer when carrying any. Unfortunately, Oscar Blues has turned it into a seasonal AND ch...

In Chaff » "Beer in a Can"
March 22, 10:11am

Re: Why a knife instead of scissors?
This looks like the "I don't get it" thread gone terribly wrong. It's really just a difference in styles and probably locations. Like a lot of others, I carry the Swiss Arm...

In GEAR » Why a knife instead of scissors?
March 22, 8:59am

CT list
When will you hit the CT? I've only done parts of the CT but have been researching it to do some week long trips this summer. Lack of water seems to be a pretty big issue in some places so m...

In Gear Lists » Critique my CT/JMT-Thru List
March 19, 7:42pm

Re: Re: Bladders
"Why do you need to constantly access water while you're walking? I just stop every hour or two, take off pack, stretch, drink, maybe eat a bite" Like I said in my previous post...

In GEAR » Hydration bladders... out of fashion?
March 19, 6:24pm

Re: Bladders
"Actually I can reach my bottles, and put them back just fine, even while walking. If you cant, and I know many people that cannot, you only need to work on flexibility a little." Me ...

In GEAR » Hydration bladders... out of fashion?
March 19, 5:50pm

Re: REI Coupon
NM. My coupon does say starting on the 22nd. DOH!

In Gear Deals » REI Coupon?
March 19, 3:32pm

Thread
Thanks Roger. What thread (specific brand and size) do you use in your tents? My first real project is going to be a flat tarp. I think the sewing is going to be a heck of a lot easier than learnin...

In Make Your Own Gear » Sewing Machine User Info
March 19, 3:27pm

All Reader Reviews by Randy Nelson

Randy Nelson has posted no reviews.