Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Randy Nelson (rlnunix) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rockies
About Me Randy Nelson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Nelson

Showing 111 - 120 of 813 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...82

Forum » Thread

Irony
"Jim Woods did not sinply use Robinson's stove design and them call it something else. Only a bonafide gear expert would do something like that.;)" His name is Jim Wood. You'...

In GEAR » Skurka and Sierra Designs team up for gear
February 25, 7:06pm

Re: Randy
"No I am not Jim Woods..but if I WAS, I'd sure as heck have more of a right to be a smartass on this thread than you do. That's a fact;)" Ha! Hardly. I've been a smart ass ...

February 25, 6:59pm

Re: Andrew
"Its just that it IS a glaring mistake. Calling a Supercat stove a "Fancee feast" is as intellectually lazy as calling an MSR Pcket Rocket a "Fire Nozzle". I didn't...

February 25, 4:15pm

Re: Re: Ugghhhh..
"What a nasty, petty place this is getting to be." "Getting to be?" Yes. And this might be funny to some, but this forum has long been the most civil and respectful of any...

February 22, 8:50pm

Re:re
"I know multiple people that have taken a spot with them ("my wife won't let me go without one!") and then SAR gets called when the device fails or they forget to check in one ev...

In GEAR » Personal locator Beacons (PLB's) recommendations
January 25, 12:10pm

Re: Innovation, quality and company ethos
"For most folks on BPL, backpacking is a three season hobby. The fourth season is for skiing or snowboarding or hut trips, or perhaps for whinging on forums. They don't need a Hilleberg, a...

In GEAR » Hilleberg Tent thread
January 21, 11:02pm

Re: snowshoes themselves cut up the sole?
"The northern lites have several metal grommet rivet things, and the msr's have really aggressive plastic tracks for its boot holder....seems almost as bad as walking on rocks?" I&...

In GEAR » Trail runner / neoprene overboot setup for snowshoeing
January 21, 10:35pm

Re: Beer fridge
Something like this? :)

In Philosophy & Technique » UL Refrigerator
January 21, 1:39pm

Re: Pulks
REI carries the Paris sled but only in winter. It doesn't even show up on their website outside of winter. http://www.rei.com/search?query=paris+sled

In GEAR » Pulks
January 21, 10:05am

Re: Trail runner / neoprene overboot setup for snowshoeing
I use the 40Below Light Energy T.R.'s over my trail runners with just a pair of medium wool socks and my feet have stayed warm down to -17 F. I use them with MSR Lightning Ascents. Love the sy...

In GEAR » Trail runner / neoprene overboot setup for snowshoeing
January 21, 9:36am

All Reader Reviews by Randy Nelson

Randy Nelson has posted no reviews.