BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 111 - 120 of 1542 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...155

Forum » Thread

Re: How much waterproofing is enough? - Floors
Jesse, Regarding floor HH requirements, I will use my 190 lb and 70" tall body as an example to answer your question regarding knee pressure. When kneeling, ~310.09 inches are supporting my...

In GEAR » How much waterproofing is enough?
July 22, 7:16pm

Re: Re: Re: Impetus v. other stuff & argon
Tanner, You said in part, "...I am just interested in relative breat... how much air can be sucked through the materials." What application(s) are you designing for where abrasion r...

In GEAR » Comparing m90 to Pertex
July 22, 6:40pm

Re: Oops, I did it again
I REALLY look forward to seeing your trip reports. Words could not make your adventures nearly as interesting... thank you!

In Post-Trip Reports » Hiking across Kodiak Island, Alaska
July 21, 11:49pm

Re: Re: Re: Comparing m90 to Pertex
Tim, Very good point! I gave my above comparison based on the 3/3/11 variant I tested from the Thru-Hiker (V?). After reading your post I see that I also tested another variant from the same...

July 16, 10:13pm

Re: Comparing m90 to Pertex
Stephen, Of the fabrics available from Pertex, Quantum N-090 is the closest to M90.

July 16, 9:05pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Spinnaker availability?
Ryan, It is even worse than you think (smile). I also did an air permeability test which I originally forgot to document but have since updated in my original post.

In Make Your Own Gear » Substitute fabric for Spinnaker (5 Yards to SUL Article Pack)
July 05, 7:46pm

Re: Re: Spinnaker availability?
On 7/2/13 I ordered one yard of the product that Prolite Gear calls, "Base Designs Pro .8oz Spinnaker Cloth". Their more detailed description of the product said, in part: First Qua...

In Make Your Own Gear » Substitute fabric for Spinnaker (5 Yards to SUL Article Pack)
July 05, 5:41pm

Epic Malibu Lab Analysis
Nathan Meyerson mailed me a small sample of fabric, described as Epic Malibu, via first class postage on July 1, 2013 and I received it July 3, 2013. My summary tests results are as follows: 1 T...

In Make Your Own Gear » Found my stash of Epic by Nextec 1.7 oz Malibu fabric
July 03, 9:25pm

Re: Dry Bags for Swimming Rivers
Luke, Packrafters frequently swim turbulent white water with all of their backpacking gear drug down the river along with their flipped boats. I speak from a lot of experience doing this (smile)...

In GEAR » Dry Bags for Swimming Rivers
June 29, 5:07pm

Re: Found my stash of Epic by Nextec 1.7 oz Malibu fabric-HH Testers
Nathan, Please email me and arrange to send me a scrap of at least 1' x 1' to hydrostatic head test. If it is similar to the 15,000 pa level of the sample that Roger Caffin tested for Sa...

In Make Your Own Gear » Found my stash of Epic by Nextec 1.7 oz Malibu fabric
June 28, 4:56pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm