Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Richard Sullivan (richard.s) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Supernatural BC
About Me Richard Sullivan has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Sullivan

Showing 111 - 120 of 124 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Forum » Thread

Wanted: Clark or Hennessy Hammock
Wanted: Clark or Hennessy Hammock email to garryoak AT shaw D0T ca

In Gear Swap » Wanted: Clark or Hennessy Hammock
March 17, 11:19pm

MH Xtend
I have been very happy with my Mountain Hardwear Xtend zip crew base layer shirt. It was expensive, but let me tell you I can wear it for weeks before it develops even the slightest odor, and even ...

In GEAR » X-static or other silver fiber t-shirts?
March 02, 1:29pm

MSR WindPro
Hi Roger, have you tried the canister version of the Simmerlite which is called the WindPro? If so how would you rate it in comparison to the Xtreme?

In GEAR » MSR Simmerlite vs. Coleman Xtreme
February 17, 4:47pm

Gigapower Windscreen
I've use the Gigapower windscreen quite a bit and I think it's pretty good, despite being a bit heavy at 2 oz. Paired with my GS-100A stove, the total weight is only 5.7 oz. The stove efficiency go...

In Editor's Roundtable » What kind of stove do YOU use for lightweight backpacking?
February 17, 2:26pm

Disable the Anonymous option
I agree. Please disable the Anonymous option. I really don't see a use/need for it.

In Chaff » Anonymous?!?
February 12, 8:00am

Counterfeits on eBay
A lot of new stuff sold on eBay is actually counterfeit. Part of the Chinese strategy for world domination is to counterfeit absolutely everything made by North American or European countries which...

In Gear Deals » EBay and Ethics...
January 19, 11:30am

Thanks!
Ryan, thanks so much for finally getting us to a full forum! It will be interesting to see how the flat structure works out. Cheers!

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Forum Policies & Announcements (LEGACY POSTS FROM OLD FORUMS)
October 07, 2:08pm

Re: Headlamp Failure Modes
Well you've pretty well nailed it! When Tekna came out with it's revolutionary lights in the early 80's, I thought we might have finally arrived. Their designs featured a sealed! switchless! pol...

In Editor's Roundtable » LED Lights
January 11, 8:36pm

Re: Aurora criticisms, etc.
Further to my previous post, I was able to speak with the manager of the retail store which I mentioned. He noted that he had returned about 75% of the Auroras they had sold, less than 1% of the Ti...

January 11, 6:21pm

Re: AAA battery choices
Happy New Year to all because... Energizer Introduces World's First AAA Lithium Battery ST. LOUIS, Jan. 7 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Energizer Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ENR), today unveiled its E...

January 11, 6:10pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Sullivan

Showing 1 - 7 of 7 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Equipment Co-op (Canada)
I totally agree with the reviewers above. MEC is now the REI of Canada, but greener I think. You can buy all the heavy gear you want and return it for whatever reason, and most of the profit goes to e...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 01, 11:34pm

Big Agnes Insulated Air Core Pad
With 25 reviews already, not much more to say except to add a few comments. Certainly interesting that in terms of the sheer number of reviews and the high average score, this is a very popular produc...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
February 01, 10:56pm

Petzl e+LITE
This light is real beauty. At one ounce even, it's kinda like having a one pound sleeping bag. This is clearly the Western Mountaineering Hilite of headlights. Not perfect, but perfectly good and ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
February 01, 9:38pm

Osprey Atmos 50
I'm with you Brett, I always carry some good wine in my Atmos 50, usually a Fetzer Zinfandel. I also carry some single malt scotch in case the temps go lower than my bag rating. Anyway, the Atm...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
February 01, 9:07pm

Osprey Packs Customer Service
Unfortunately a beach dwelling rodent totally destroyed the top pocket of my Osprey Atmos 50 pack. Boy, was I mad. Later I made peace with him: after all I was camped in his home. Later that year I in...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 01, 8:37pm

Big Sky Products Evolution 2P
At 0 lb 0 oz, the Big Sky Evolution is unquestionably the worlds lightest tent. How can they make this tent so light? Simple. They don't use any fabric or notions. Just air and promises. And to make i...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
June 28, 9:47pm

Big Sky Products Evolution 2P
At 0 lb 0 oz, the Big Sky Evolution is unquestionably the worlds lightest tent. How can they make this tent so light? Simple. They don't use any fabric or notions. Just air and promises. And to make i...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
June 28, 7:46am