BPL Community Profile

Lynn Tramper (retropump) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale The Antipodes of La Coruna
About Me Lynn Tramper has not added a biography yet.
CountryThe Antipodes

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Lynn Tramper

Showing 111 - 120 of 3344 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...335

Forum » Thread

Re: Got
To me a more interesting question is why NATO backed the Libyan rebels, but won't do anything in Syria? Surely Assad needs to be "got" too...

In Chaff » Romney/Ryan 2012
October 09, 6:16pm

Navis=Pod 30?
Hard to compare, except in very basic concept. The POD 30 is 2oz lighter (3 oz lighter with excess straps and fabric removed), and a lot warmer. It is an honest 30 degree bag, without a jacket, a...

In GEAR » idea: quilt / sleeping bag hybrid?
October 09, 6:14pm

Education
"You are suggesting the govt help offset the cost. I'm saying lower the cost. Lower the cost by eliminating all the extra courses that are not applicable to the degree and just focus on th...

October 09, 3:03pm

Re: MSNBC
I totally agree that the world has become too degree focused. Many, many jobs don't require advanced degrees, yet employers have come to expect it. A lot of people can't get jobs packing ...

October 08, 4:31pm

Re: idea: quilt / sleeping bag hybrid?
First thing I did with my WM PODs was to cut off some excess extra fabric and bungy cords (shaving 30g/an ounce), and add velcro tabs to the bags and my mats so that the connection to the pad was s...

October 08, 4:23pm

Re: Omnipotent and Olympus
Oh yes, very fond memories of the original Omnipotent. It wasn't just bombproof, the baffling system made it like wearing an air filled sleeping bag over your sleeping bag. I've slept in ...

In GEAR » The CAFFIN tents come!
October 08, 1:49pm

Re: Re: idea: quilt / sleeping bag hybrid?
It's a great idea, and the only two bags I use most of the time are my WM POD 30 and WM POD 15. Perfect for me. But I guess the idea didn't take off very well, as WM discontinued this des...

October 07, 3:23pm

Re: Re: Re: How many folk backpack all year round.
Sounds like I might bump into Barry one of these winters...as a rule, we tend to avoid huts outside of the coldest winter huts, as I am generally not fond of sharing my 'sleeping space' wit...

In Chaff » How many folk backpack all year round.
October 01, 6:27pm

Re: Re: Re: How many folk backpack all year round.
"Okay, maybe the sun rises at 8AM and sets at 4PM but you get an hour of dawn and dusk at each end, and maybe build a fire and stay up for another couple hours - so that's 12 hours. And th...

October 01, 5:22pm

Re: How many folk backpack all year round.
Yup, all year round, BUT, I live in a part of the world where we can choose our winter destinations so we end up at a hut with some kind of heating. Aside from having a warm-ish place to sleep, it...

October 01, 3:49pm

All Reader Reviews by Lynn Tramper

Showing 1 - 10 of 33 | Page: 1 2 3 4

Review

Category

Trail Designs SideWinder for AGG 2qt pot
First of all, apologies for cross-posting this review. I initially put it n the cookware category and can't move it (Mods feel free to delete the other review). I have been using this cook syst...

In Stoves - Other
October 18, 12:50pm

Granite Gear Nimbus Meridian
I want to love this pack, I really do. It is comfortable, it is roomy enough for most trips, it fits well, carries heavier laods well, and has all the feature I could want in a pack (I got extra poc...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
October 17, 7:17pm

Trail designs SideWinder
I have been using this cook system for the last few months, and it is by far the best offering that the folks at Trail Designs has yet come up with. My system is designed to fit around, AND in th...

In Cookware - Other
October 17, 6:53pm

Packa s/m 2008 model
I thought it better to keep the Packa reviews in one place, so this applies to the 2009 medium/large Packa. To be honest, I wanted a Roger Caffin style poncho, but could see it was going to take me m...

In Clothing - Raingear
October 18, 1:57pm

Backpacking Light Merino UL Pants
I use these for around camp and sleep wear, so have not (yet) had any problems with durability. For my main use they are simply brilliant. This merino is the frist wool I've found that isn't...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
January 18, 12:23pm

Trail Designs Caldera Keg
This cool little cookset is just perfect for my solo trips. "The lightest , most stable, wind resistant, and efficient cooking system you can buy." says the Trail Designs website, and I don...

In Cookware - Other
January 15, 6:41pm

Antigravity Gear 2 liter pot
I also have the anodised version of this pot. True about the slippery issue, but a few seconds with and orbital sander on the bottom solved the problem. I have used this pot for several years fo...

In Cookware - Other
January 15, 6:34pm

Trail Designs and Titanium Goat Ti-Tri
I have carried this "stove" for 14 nights in the field now, and it has become my go-to stove. Even after 7 days of continuous rain, I was able to find enough dry-ish wood to cook AND have a ...

In Stoves - Alcohol
January 15, 6:25pm

Backpacking Light FeatherLite Vapor Mitts
Please note: I am reviewing the 2005 version of this glove. I found the basic design/shape of this glove to be good (I like the gauntlet style), but the insulation was a joke. Extremely flat, low l...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
December 07, 6:27pm

BPL Thorofare Trekking Pants
These are my all time favourites. They've kept me comfortable in everything from snowboarding to windswept ridge hikes to calm and hot uphill hikes. They are comfortable, light, and dry in an in...

In Clothing - Raingear
December 07, 11:58am