Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 111 - 120 of 7778 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...778

Forum » Thread

Re: The Insulation Mess
Good post The Mammut Sleep Well document talks about this pretty good: http://www.mammut.ch/images/Mammut_Sleep_well_pt1_E.pdf They talk about EN13537 They talk about comfort limit for wo...

In Make Your Own Gear » The Insulation Mess
November 10, 10:09am

Re: Re: wilderness
You might have me beat by a couple years : ) I disagree - wilderness is pretty much the same as 50 years ago. Lots of trash back then also. There are spots right next to scenic viewpoints ...

In Philosophy & Technique » The inevitable bike legalization of the JMT
November 10, 8:37am

Re: 25gram canister stove? Brs-3000t. Is this the new lightest canister stove?
So it weighs 1 ounce which saves 2 ounces compared to traditional 3 ounce stoves. Hardly makes any difference. One month shipping? Must be shipping from China. I just ordered something like t...

In GEAR » 25gram canister stove? Brs-3000t. Is this the new lightest canister stove?
November 10, 8:28am

Re: Re: Re: Baffles
I would rather have down evenly distributed. Maybe more on top because there's more pressure pulling on it. If I'm too warm, I'll unzip.

In GEAR » New Feathered Friends Quilt
November 09, 2:22pm

Re: Oh Jerry! STOP!
yeah, but you have a Democratic Governor, two Senators, and congressman (unless you live East/South) : )

In Chaff » Oh Jerry!
November 09, 2:20pm

Re: Questions about a Solid/Partially-Solid Inner for a 'Mid
If you want to be warmer, it would weigh less to just have thicker sleeping bag Argon 67 from dutchweargear or Nobul1 or 2 from tittaniumgoat would make a good inner. Fairly breathable and very...

In Make Your Own Gear » Questions about a Solid/Partially-Solid Inner for a 'Mid
November 09, 9:53am

Re: Yawn
make a "political contrubution" of $1 million we have "the best congress money can buy"

In Philosophy & Technique » The inevitable bike legalization of the JMT
November 09, 9:35am

Re: Re: New Feathered Friends Quilt
"Continuous baffles let you position the down where you need it" That's good marketing spin Take a negative and pose it as an advantage Sort of like Real Estate agent saying ...

In GEAR » New Feathered Friends Quilt
November 09, 9:33am

Re: Re: Re: Primaloft gold
For thinner bags down has less advantage because the fabric is a bigger percentage of total weight. Plus the weight of the baffles. For 2.5 oz apex, CLO = 2.05 like you said By my measure ht...

In Make Your Own Gear » Primaloft gold
November 09, 9:28am

Re: shelter center pole
I have 60 inch center pole. That provides enough to move around a little and not contact inside of tent and maybe get condensation on me. The peak of tent is narrow so that space isn't really...

In GEAR » shelter center pole
November 09, 8:36am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.