BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 111 - 120 of 6462 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...647

Forum » Thread

Re: hobby lobby
I believe war is wrong. I am going to quit paying the part of my income tax that goes to war : )

In Chaff » Obamacare...the real world
April 11, 4:02pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hobby Lobby
"If it was up to me, I'd make it rain birth control, offer publicly funded incentives for people to get sterilized, and not offer tax incentives for people to have kids" We have pl...

In Chaff » Obamacare...the real world
April 07, 9:41am

Re: Re Re Computers in Class
It seems like this is a more fruitfull line of development than just saying we've doubled spending per pupil in the last 25 years and test scores are down, so we should privatize schools. Or t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Perils of stealth camping, hiking, or even jogging in the US
April 07, 8:04am

Re: cream of tartar, eh?
"So, I could use a little of each, baking powder, baking soda, and cream of tartar? I know I have some around here, somewhere, I used to use it for my yarn dyeing projects" You need re...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » 1st attempt at making biscuits for the trail
April 06, 10:48pm

Re: Computers in School
Do teachers still stand in front of a class, go through the same lesson for the entire class? That would be enough for bored students to develop bad attitude. At least it was in 1960s. And can...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Perils of stealth camping, hiking, or even jogging in the US
April 06, 10:43pm

Re: Re: Re: Re Re School Spending
Schools don't use computers very good Like kahnacademy.org has these courses. Each student goes at own pace. Students get bored in class all doing the same thing. I don't think esta...

April 06, 10:29pm

Re: Re: Re Re School Spending
School spending has doubled in the last 25 years. Test scores have dropped. We're wasting our money and should do away with public education. etc. etc.... There's another interpretatio...

April 06, 10:22pm

Re: gums not present
baking powder has baking soda and acid cream of tartar is a powdered acid for food

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » 1st attempt at making biscuits for the trail
April 06, 5:24pm

Squeeze thread size and Platypus
I was going to replace my Platypus 4 liter bag, but they didn't have it at my REI so I got 3 liter hoser. I use 1 liter soda bottle for my Squeeze so this totals 4 liters which is what I want....

In GEAR » Sawyer Mini and Platypus Drink Big Zip
April 06, 8:47am

Re: School Spending?
"I know this is off topic but on average spending per student in the U.S. has increased year after year with 2000-2010 spending more than 1990-2000 and 1990-2000 spending more than 1980-1990 a...

April 05, 9:05pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.