Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 111 - 120 of 9175 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...918

Forum » Thread

Bloom County out of retirement
after 25 years Bloom County is back Trump just too juicy a subject for satire this can not end well for Trump is he getting dementia or something? Losing good judgement? Seems like this ...

In Chaff » Trump coming to Phoenix
July 13, 7:35pm

Re: Re: It's Not That Easy to be Killed by Police
okay, I had to google it https://www.hcn.org/articles/cliven-bundy-rancher-nevada-scofflaw BLM just went away and hasn't come back Bundy continues to illegally graze his cattle Envi...

In Chaff » Irony
July 13, 3:50pm

Re: Thanks
did you do a flat felled french seam? that would be better, because you have two rows of stitches equally sharing the load if you do an extra row on a french seam, it will take no load until ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Repairing my MYOG wind shirt
July 13, 3:02pm

Re: re: Irony
I like how the feds dealt with Cliven Bundy - just backed off I wonder what's happening with that now? Is Cliven Bundy still illegally grazing cattle, and are there any wackos left there de...

In Chaff » Irony
July 13, 2:04pm

Re: Repairing my MYOG wind shirt
sew the seam back just to close the hole then sew a strip on the inside for strength or iron on tape from fabric store or use McNett seam grip to strengthen it when you sew a french sea...

In Make Your Own Gear » Repairing my MYOG wind shirt
July 13, 2:00pm

Re: Irony
Yeah, very funny. Republican politicians pander to it like immigration Rick Perry said: http://www.texastribune.org/2015/05/05/perry-jade-helm-military-quite-trustworthy/" "Yo...

In Chaff » Irony
July 13, 11:35am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Trump popularity
I don't think they're "in favor of any approach that involves insult and cruelty to some other group." I think they see large numbers of poor hispanics and jump to conclusions ...

July 13, 11:24am

Re: My First MYOG Attempt- 8'x10' Painter's Drop Cloth Tarp
Nice! Yeah, tape creeps over time. You should test it for a week or more. Or, however long you want to use the tent for in the field.

In Make Your Own Gear » My First MYOG Attempt- 8'x10' Painter's Drop Cloth Tarp
July 13, 10:09am

Re: Re: Re: Trump popularity
"Soon after that he went on a rant saying: "those Republican dirty tricksters have doctored pictures of my daughter and they plan on giving them to the tabloids." Most logical thinki...

July 13, 8:22am

Ross Perot
Ross Perot ran as a Republican They disrespected him so he ran as an independent arguably, that cost George Bush the election and Clinton became president Republicans are now trying not to...

July 12, 8:35pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.