BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 111 - 120 of 7589 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...759

Forum » Thread

Re: Senior Pass!
you have to be 62. I got a couple years to go. Can't wait... the only thing is, I can easily afford the fees. My niece with several kids, for example, has a much more difficult time. She...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Senior Pass!
October 08, 11:50am

Re: Re: Sawyer mini storage Q's
The hollow tubes (connected to output of filter) don't dry. Maybe if you run aquarium pump through them it will, but there's no reason to. The space outside of the hollow tubes (connect...

In GEAR » Sawyer mini storage Q's
October 08, 8:57am

Re: Best Thread to use for a quilt
What's good about Guiterman Sew All at local fabric store, is they make it in a zillion colors. It's main application is sewing clothes where they like to match colors. I mostly just us...

In Make Your Own Gear » Best thread to use for a quilt
October 07, 11:26pm

Re: Re: Sheltered Camp
Cold air will often flow down a valley like a stream of cold air. Better to be at least 20 feet (?) above the low point. Sometimes it's good to be under tree when it's raining. Tree wi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sheltered Camp
October 07, 3:59pm

Re: YMMV...
Same here - I use Gutterman Sew All from local fabric store There are probably better threads out there but it doesn't make much difference

In Make Your Own Gear » Best thread to use for a quilt
October 07, 10:31am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Office Politics. Retarded monkeys (devolution)
although sometimes, when you hire someone to do something, they decide that's not the best way to do it and do something else instead, but that's not useful Dilbert is applicable for man...

In Chaff » Office Politics
October 07, 9:56am

Re: Critters
I've only heard them. Too wiley to get picture. Nice Bob!

In Post-Trip Reports » Critters
October 06, 6:24pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Luci
I cut the plastic reflector off to save a little weight. Also, it didn't really add any functionality that was useful to me. I left on the plastic that made it waterproof.

In GEAR » Inflatable/collapsible solar carged light
October 06, 9:56am

Re: Re: Re: Duomid or Solomid
No need to apologize Your English is much better than my Arabic You are successfully communicating

In GEAR » Duomid or Solomid
October 06, 8:10am

plural of gear
BTW the rain gets on your gear, not your gears on the other hand, if you had a bunch of bicycle parts, including these round metal pieces with teeth, you'de have some gears U.S. English i...

In GEAR » Duomid or Solomid
October 06, 7:44am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.