BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 111 - 120 of 6429 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...643

Forum » Thread

Re: Obamacare...the real world
I have an Obama bumper sticker on my car But the wife put it there - I hate bumper stickers

In Chaff » Obamacare...the real world
April 02, 10:48pm

Re: Re: Geigerrig water from air
You mean cold fusion doesn't work? (the dateline and some of the comments mentioned April 1)

In GEAR » Geigerrig water from air
April 02, 8:41pm

Re: Geigerrig water from air
Maybe you can use the water to produce electricity using cold fusion - solution to world energy problem/global warming - we can finally shut down the global warming thread in chaff

In GEAR » Geigerrig water from air
April 02, 7:45pm

Re: flawed
I think any increases more than inflation are a problem. It's now too big a share of the economy. Any more is a killer. That would be 2% increase per year. Better if it was stable for a few...

April 02, 4:59pm

Re: don't spike it too hard...
You're right, just trying to be humorous I thought Obamacare eliminated the doughnut hole Yeah, see what happens in a year or two. Will people be happy with their healthcare? The ne...

April 02, 2:58pm

Re: Obamacare...the real world
yeah, that's the next line of argument from Republican politicians, the numbers are cooked. After the dust settles and it's determined the numbers are valid, and a high percentage actually...

April 02, 2:45pm

Re: Re: back flushing
I'm with you, I can see that arrow I'm just saying what Sawyer thinks

In User Test Forum » Platypus big zip w/ sawyer mini inline - back flushing question
April 02, 2:30pm

Re: Re: Platypus big zip w/ sawyer mini inline - back flushing question
aren't they concerned that people will accidentally put water through the filter in the wrong direction? Then, particles would tend to get clogged and backflushing wouldn't work so good....

In User Test Forum » Platypus big zip w/ sawyer mini inline - back flushing question
April 02, 1:59pm

Spiking ball after touchdown
A little early to be declaring "Mission Accomplished" on aircraft carrier, but: 7 million signed up on exchanges (but haven't counted everyone yet) 4 million medicaide 8 million ...

April 02, 1:55pm

Re: More militarization
I appreciate your passion Kat My mom passed recently. I was executor. few $100K. 4 of us kids. She screwed up and technically gave me more than my fair share, which isn't what she intend...

In Chaff » Weekend of protests going bad and more violence...
April 02, 1:34pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.