BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 111 - 120 of 7111 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...712

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Jetboil Joule Review - Part 1, Overview
and in the winter when the inverted canister would be very useful

In Editor's Roundtable » Jetboil Joule Review - Part 1, Overview
July 15, 5:03pm

Re: Future of flying?
This must be a parody piece, like in "The Onion" or something Network TV mentioned it. Said they could reduce cost by 40%. Don't know if that's ticket price or just airline c...

In Chaff » Future of flying?
July 15, 1:11pm

Re: Geekdom
or does it mean 3 sigma? as in 3 * standard deviation...

In GEAR » What do you hike with that nobody else has?
July 14, 3:36pm

Re: Deep state
It seems like it would be better to have more than two parties No single party in majority. Normally more than one party required to form coalition. Just two parties are easier to control by...

In Chaff » Deep state
July 14, 12:59pm

Re: Interesting site regarding Federal Reserve
I glanced at web site There are links to order stuff from them I couldn't get the name of anyone responsible for the site. Before I look at something I like to see who is responsible for...

In Chaff » Interesting site regarding Federal Reserve
July 14, 11:04am

Re: Re: Re: Deep state
"Jerry, why use the quote and apply it to so ething it was not intended for?" The Deep state is responsible for a bunch of policies that benefit a few One of those policies is tax r...

In Chaff » Deep state
July 14, 10:16am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Deep state
I acknowledge it isn't totally wasted to vote for third party If you vote for Nader, for example, thinking this is going to change the system, I don't think that's a very effective w...

In Chaff » Deep state
July 14, 9:13am

Re: Deep state
The quote I like best is "My analysis of this phenomenon is not an exposé of a secret, conspiratorial cabal; the state within a state is hiding mostly in plain sight, and its operators ma...

In Chaff » Deep state
July 14, 9:03am

Re: Re: Deep state
Maybe wasted isn't the right word. But for that election, a Nader vote counts the same as an un cast vote In the long term, maybe people will get fed up and something will change - either...

In Chaff » Deep state
July 14, 8:54am

Re: Re: Deep state
And if you vote for a third party, and that person doesn't win, then essentially, you've wasted your vote For example, if you voted for Nader in Florida, but preferred Gore over Bush, yo...

In Chaff » Deep state
July 14, 8:04am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.