Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jeremy and Angela (requiem) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me Jeremy and Angela has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeremy and Angela

Showing 111 - 120 of 368 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...37

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Help me pick a computer
Windows 7 is a reasonable move from XP. I tried Windows 8 because I had need of a specific disk encryption feature, and was not pleased with that excretion they call a "start screen". (...

In Other Activities » Help me pick a computer
February 03, 12:55am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Smaller syringes generate more force
18g needles are used to irrigate because they will give high volumes of flow than e.g. a 27g needle. It has nothing to do with pressure. Isn't this really a trade-off though? E.g. 18g compa...

In GEAR » Sawyer Mini Backflushing
February 02, 12:29am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Smaller syringes generate more force
But are we not confusing pressure and force here? Per Blaise Pascal: "If a vessel full of water, and closed on all sides, has two openings, one a hundred times as large as each other, and i...

In GEAR » Sawyer Mini Backflushing
February 01, 7:30pm

Re: Re: Buff's vs Balaclava for cold temp hiking, which do you prefer?
I picked up a Seirus Combo-Clava some time back. My nose also runs in the cold, and between that and the condensation from breathing I wanted something that wasn't directly on my mouth. It is...

In GEAR » Buff's vs Balaclava for cold temp hiking, which do you prefer?
January 30, 12:30am

Re: Water Supply
Good idea; it sounds like the water tanks will be available, but I'm planning to haul in a few extra liters to be safe. (I also don't recall how heavily chlorinated the water at Coe is.) ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
January 24, 12:13pm

Re: Re: CA Drought and 2014 hiking season
I've been keeping on eye on some of the longer range models as covered here: http://opensnow.com/dailysnow/tahoe With the exception of the recent slight rain, the past several weeks have be...

In Pre-Trip Planning » CA Drought and 2014 hiking season
January 16, 11:27pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Measuring water
General solution: 1. 1 cup from wine bucket A (quantity >= 1 cup) is added to water bucket B (quantity n cups, n>=1): 2. B has n+1 cups mix: n cups water, 1 cup wine. 3. Filling 1 cu...

In GEAR » Measuring water
January 14, 3:01pm

Re: Re: Re: Measuring water
Extending my "solution", as long as each bucket starts with at least 1 cup of liquid, this shouldn't actually matter; in each case the amount of wine added to the water bucket should ...

January 14, 12:48pm

Re: Re: Measuring water
How much liquid is in each bucket? E.g. each bucket has 1 cup of liquid to start: 1. The wine bucket becomes empty, with 2 cups in the water bucket, 1:1 mix. 2. The water bucket is reduced bac...

January 13, 11:17pm

Re: Re: Americans waste $28 bil a year on vitamins, doctors say
Somehow, I think Steve Jobs would figure out the "ideal" treatment and would follow it carefully. I recall hearing it was a vegetarian/fruitarian/Ornish style of some sort. I believe ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Americans waste $28 bil a year on vitamins, doctors say
January 10, 12:26am

All Reader Reviews by Jeremy and Angela

Jeremy and Angela has posted no reviews.