BPL Community Profile

Jeremy B. (requiem) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me Jeremy B. has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeremy B.

Showing 111 - 120 of 334 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...34

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Where is our apology?
Is it Greenwald that's releasing the data? From the nature of the leaks, I'd have thought it was Putin getting a good return on his investment. I see two issues here: Snowden's acce...

In Chaff » Fresh Air with Terry Gross
October 29, 6:10pm

Re: Re: Re: answers
Yes, the article is about that company, but it's so much more awesome than that side story. Setting aside the question of regulatory capture, this is more about an enterprise (6th largest gene...

In Chaff » Tea Party Haters
October 29, 12:26pm

Re: answers
And there is certainly a subpopulation of patients who don't believe you when you say that a generic is just as good. So Dean, have you heard about this particular generic manufacturer: htt...

October 29, 12:12am

Re: iOS 7 for iPhone
One new setting Frequent Locations keeps track of where you are for reasons that most of us will never make use of. Of course, the day after I read this I notice my "agenda" screen has...

In GEAR » iPhone for Backpacking article is updated
October 28, 6:26pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "Tea Party Haters"
Per the CDC, leading causes of death for Americans are: Heart disease: 597,689 Cancer: 574,743 Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 138,080 Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 129...

October 27, 10:48pm

Re: Re: Question
Dale, try switching the map layer to one of the Open Cycle Map or Open Street Map options; it may be closer to what you expect to see. I'm not too familiar with the source for them, but it'...

In GEAR » To GPS, or not to GPS
October 24, 4:18pm

Re: GPS
There was a similar debate among sailors awhile back. Should one learn to use a sextant and keep it as a backup to a GPS, for all the same reason given here. For shame! How far these decadent p...

In GEAR » To GPS, or not to GPS
October 24, 12:17pm

Re: Tempering Dark Chocolate
The tempering process is also a bit delicate; you'll want to obtain a good quality thermometer as you're learning. Short version: heat high enough to obliterate the existing crystal str...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Dark or bittersweet chocolate recommendation please.
October 22, 7:40pm

Re: Re: CRI is Important
Can't yoiu 'see' better because one picture is with a 100 lumen bulb and the other is 140 lumens? In this case, it appears the high CRI bulb is the 100 lumen one, so the "better...

In GEAR » Best Headlamp
October 18, 4:29pm

Re: Visibility to helicopters if lost, stranded or injured
One of these guys is probably more effective: http://www.greatlandlaser.com/rescue-laser-light.html You can see some example views of just how well people can be seen from the air here: http:/...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Visibility to helicopters if lost, stranded or injured
October 15, 1:11am

All Reader Reviews by Jeremy B.

Jeremy B. has posted no reviews.