BPL Community Profile

Willie Evenstop (redmonk) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem
About Me Dixon Tudepe & Joe Mamuh Enterprises
CityBozeman
StateMT
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.promisemoredelivernothing.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Willie Evenstop

Showing 111 - 120 of 1142 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...115

Forum » Thread

Maltodextrin
I'd call around the local and Internet home brew stores and see if any carry the agglomerated before ordering a huge sack. All homebrew shops will have maltodextrin and sell it by weight. W...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » potential maltodextrin source
June 04, 8:16am

#Moonlight tent ...
Spinnaker was popular until the water proofing became unreliable. MLD, GG, and others were using it as the premium priced option in shelters before Cuben became the hot new thing. Somebody lo...

In Gear Deals » #Moonlight tent ...
June 03, 1:45pm

caffeine pills instead of coffee?
Melt a bag of tootsie rolls in slow cooker, add instant coffee powder, pour onto parchment paper, solidify and reroll.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » caffeine pills instead of coffee?
June 01, 10:59pm

Trekking poles up hill adjustment
Given that most of the people I see with poles don't seem to get any benefit beyond having a stick in their hand, what one person perceives as 'working' might be comically inefficient a...

In Philosophy & Technique » Trekking poles up hill adjustment
June 01, 6:50pm

Opening BV450
Trying to hold the tab in while turning the lid with one hand sounds complicated. I use two hands to turn the lid until the tab hits the stop. With the tab against the stop, I use one hand...

In GEAR » Opening BV450
May 29, 12:29pm

BPL special
The first 20 get a discount, after that they up the price to send Roger a bribe to for an exception to his BPL only rule.

In Gear Deals » 1.49 for Pocket XPE Q5 600 Lumens 7W Zoomable LED Flashlight ( only 20 times available )
May 29, 10:28am

Moonlight tent
Half way funded.

In Gear Deals » #Moonlight tent ...
May 29, 8:02am

Anyone know of a truly odorless soap in bar form?
Go with what you have and have used before. Bring the nylon and soap, and treat the nylon like a bear bag and haul it up and out of animal range at night. The sanitizer is all you need argume...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Anyone know of a truly odorless soap in bar form?
May 26, 2:29pm

high cushion shoes...trail opinions?
The hoka are comfortable, but slow and inefficient. A lot of expended energy goes into compressing the foam on push off while walking up hill. When running, the higher impact has the foam compres...

In GEAR » high cushion shoes...trail opinions?
May 26, 11:11am

The ‘Wild’ effect Hikers are flooding the Pacific Crest Trail"
Trail use is up in my hills. People seem to be enjoying the parks. Volunteers are out in force too. New paths being laid for family bike/stroller loops. New hiking trails about to open in my...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The ‘Wild’ effect Hikers are flooding the Pacific Crest Trail
May 25, 11:55am

All Reader Reviews by Willie Evenstop

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Absaroka
Great pack. Smallish, but fits a bearikade expedition. I used it on a JMT thru, and it carried great with 30# in it. Comfortable. Carries on the hips, not much should pressure at all. Would wo...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
October 16, 10:25am