BPL Community Profile

Lyan Jordan (redmonk) - BPL Guest

My Locale Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem
About Me Constantly pushing the envelope on UL lifestyle. Over the last few years, I have saved a ton of weight by replacing my old gear with innovative new materials woven from hollow words, broken contracts, and empty promises.
CityBozeman
StateMT
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.promisemoredelivernothing.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Lyan Jordan

Showing 111 - 120 of 971 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...98

Forum » Thread

That SMD thread

In GEAR » Very unpleasant experience with Six Moon Design (SMD)
May 30, 11:37am

Where to "family backpack" in the Sierras
+1 diamox. If carbonated beverages aren't an essential part of your hiking experience the side effects are minimal vs getting to enjoy a trip.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Where to "family backpack" in the Sierras
May 30, 10:00am

Very unpleasant experience with Six Moon Design (SMD
I guess no matter what gets offered in writing or how a business states it will handle the situation, there will always be owners who are too ignorant to do stuff right. Probably 1 in a 10 owners ...

May 30, 9:22am

Very unpleasant experience with Six Moon Design (SMD)
I know people are upset, but lets put down the pitchforks and torches for just a minute. There has to be a better explanation than Ron and SMD ripped off Balls and Sunshine. I can believe the a...

May 29, 10:00pm

promises
The question for me is did I make any promises that weren't delivered. Absolutely not. In no way at all did Ron make any promises. His company via the word of his employees made a promise...

May 29, 7:44pm

Paraphrased "He didn't like my net tent, and thought my stitching was crap. I'm emotionally damaged and upset. Screw this guy. I don't care what my kid said, I have a policy and...

May 29, 7:35pm

Thanks for the explanation Ron. You explained your view well. Your employees can not be trusted to be acting on behalf of your business. The agreements they make have no value, because y...

May 29, 7:00pm

*rule** chose bright colored gear
I got halfway through it, and started to wonder if it was generated by an algorithm. I couldn't be sure, but I was certainly questioning if I had been duped into reading a spam post. The...

In Philosophy & Technique » **rule** chose bright colored gear
May 29, 3:29pm

Looks like they explicitly said they could refund shipping, and then didn't. Odd that the person handling the issue changed at that point. It sucks, but if I promised free shipping, an...

May 29, 9:41am

BD Alpine Carbon Cork 2012 vs 2013
The poles that break are the SUL carbon poles. The BD poles are stronger than AL. Bad golfers slam clubs into the ground and the shafts don't shatter. Same thing with quality trekki...

In GEAR » BD Alpine Carbon Cork 2012 vs 2013
May 29, 8:54am

All Reader Reviews by Lyan Jordan

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Absaroka
Great pack. Smallish, but fits a bearikade expedition. I used it on a JMT thru, and it carried great with 30# in it. Comfortable. Carries on the hips, not much should pressure at all. Would wo...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
October 16, 10:25am