BPL Community Profile

Ryan Christman (radio_guy) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale OH & AK
About Me Ryan Christman has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListZion Traverse 2013

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Christman

Showing 111 - 120 of 508 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...51

Forum » Thread

Re: DIY Fix on Peak Elite??
Shortening a Peak Elite should be possible but probably would not have worked on my pad. There were leaks in the seams along with what seemed to be a general leaking of air directly through the pad...

In GEAR » My frustrating times with the Pacific Outdoor Equipment Peak AC
December 26, 9:28pm

New gear for Christmas? Show us.
MontBell Ex Light jacket for me. It is sweet!

In GEAR » New gear for Christmas? Show us.
December 26, 11:22am

Floorless tarp with bugnet?
Not to hijack the thread, but I see some have used tarps in the Canyon. For solo use, would my floorless SMD Wild Oasis do ok in the Canyon? I would be concerned about scorpions crawling under t...

In GEAR » TT Rainshadow 2 vs. SMD Lunar Duo
December 25, 9:56am

Re: Re: POE
Considered getting the Oyl Mountain Uber at Backcountry but had to use the POE credit for something. POE's warranty stock appears to be diminishing quick for those who need to do a claim. Figur...

December 23, 11:37pm

POE
I would have asked to get mine back but the leak issues were not worth the hassle. At least I will end up with a sub 10oz R3-4 self inflating torso pad.

December 23, 3:55pm

Cheap Synthetic Puffy!
Got one. As Eric described, mine weighs 17oz in medium. I would also agree that the insulation is probably in the 80g/m+ range. Much warmer than my Thermawrap, good down to about freezing with ...

In GEAR » lightweight frost free jackets at old navy $29??
December 22, 9:53pm

Warranty Replacement Options
POE offered to replace it with one of their much heavier Adventurer series pads. I inquired and may be able to get the last Peak Oyl Elite Uber they have. It should still be useful as it is very si...

December 22, 7:48pm

Free Bump
I would jump all over this but already got an Apache earlier this year! For only 3oz more than an Ultralight, the Apache has the better Microfiber shell and is 5 degrees warmer. Good bag for a good...

In Gear Swap » FS: WM Apache 15 degree 6' Left Zip NEW
December 21, 10:37pm

Replacement options...
Given they would apply a credit of $79.99 for a replacement pad, what would others here consider replacing their busted Peak Elite AC with? I put in a request for a Peak Oyl Elite or Mountain p...

December 20, 10:58pm

VHF Radio options
On the topic of two-way radios for those interested: My experience has been that VHF is more reliable than UHF in the mountains, even on the Amateur Radio bands (yes, I have a license). My su...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Backcountry Sat. Phone or SPOT
December 20, 7:53pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Christman

Ryan Christman has posted no reviews.