Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

larry savage (pyeyo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale pacific northwest
About Me aging 4 season mountain bum,if I'm not here I'm out there.
CityWenatchee
StateWashington
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by larry savage

Showing 111 - 120 of 743 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...75

Forum » Thread

plushies, furries, oh my!
I suppose this isn't far removed from the plushie fetish with fuzzy, stuffed animals or the furry fetish of actually wearing costumes. I wonder if their is a soft shell suit in a coyote or yog...

In Chaff » WTF of the Day - Down Fetish
October 15, 2:34pm

cool story
My grandparents had a fulltime summer home in the west side of Sierras, I was visiting when my short,sweet grandmother leaped to her feet grabbing the broom hollaring about another range cow in her...

In Chaff » Ultimate Bear Assault Weapon!!!!
October 15, 2:25pm

altimeters
As Steve mentioned altimeters are a good tool for climbers and off-trail hikers that may, for instance, want to acheive an elevation then contour to their destination. The caveat is an altimeter i...

In GEAR » Altimeters
October 15, 2:16pm

as disgusting as it seems
As disgusting as it seems I have quite a fondness for those fake honey-butter packs from KFC, in the same way that taking a shot of olive oil in the winter seems weird but works the appeal of the h...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Best Free Stuff?
October 15, 2:08pm

our society of overconsuming
The ability to devise a moral code is probably the greatest intellectual power human beings have - except Americans seem to have lost the bearings out of our moral food consuming compasses. We are ...

October 15, 8:32am

the infamous Ollie case
There are a variety of laws regarding recovering of foodstuffs,I hadn't even thought to just sit down and finish other peoples crapola, dude, you're a genius, what with over 100,000 home fo...

October 14, 11:16pm

when I last checked we were discussing the merits of petty thievery
Somewhere there was a left turn off the condiments highway. Since folks are taking umbrage at the value of grabbing a couple of ketchup packs I offer you a finely honed skill devolped in Palm Spri...

October 14, 10:26pm

this bike
This bike is based on cross geometry, sorry I left it out.

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Bicycle Touring
October 13, 12:52pm

cross bikes and lights
Cross bikes are a decent alternative especially considering most use cantilever brakes, what you do have to watch is heel clearance if you mount a rack to the panniers, many cross bikes have short ...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Bicycle Touring
October 13, 12:43pm

what...
Ah heck and I was hoping to get on a Canadian bashing thread, cheeky gloaters with their strong dollar and healthier economy. I miss the days when a trip to Whistler or Squamish could be had for l...

In GEAR » LOVE THIS SITE GO LITE or GO HOME
October 11, 8:17am

All Reader Reviews by larry savage

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

five ten camp four
The five ten camp four shoe fits into the approach shoe category, a little heavier then a trail runner the camp four excels at getting you there then holding it's own as a climbing shoe. Internal...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
May 27, 10:28am

Stanley Titanium Helios Ice Axe
I've been using a helios ice axe since mid-winter. This is an all titanium tool, the only one I think is available since the Ushba has gone away. Made by Jim Stanley with a 6-4 ti head and a 3-2...

In Climbing Gear & Accessories
May 24, 11:04pm

clif shot bloks/jelly belly sport beans various flavors
2 different products from 2 different makers aimed at providing some carbs/electrolytes and fruit flavors on hikes and multiday trips. Clif Shot Bloks are soft [rubbery] organic rice syrup cubes that...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
May 08, 10:50pm

exposure joystick
Born into the world of endurance and mtn. bike racing the joystick crosses over nicely for weekend or longer [w/solar charger] wilderness trips. At 85 gms. it is a few grams lighter then a surefire e...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
April 29, 12:37pm