BPL Community Profile

Nate Powell (powell1nj) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale North Carolina
About Me Nate Powell has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListFoothills Trail Gearlist - March 28 - April 1, 2012

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nate Powell

Showing 111 - 120 of 167 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Forum » Thread

Whoa
What do they have in those packs?! I certainly carried my share of ridiculous loads in a pack when I first started backpacking but those things on their backs are HUGE. To look at them you'd th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiking the WCT. Heavyweight style.
November 11, 6:12am

Thanks
Thanks everyone. I know I can split other items up to even things out. Just being an obsessive potential gear buyer... That tent looks so killer. I want to have it.

In GEAR » Lunar Duo Question
November 09, 8:09pm

Lunar Duo Question
Hey folks. I know the current manu. weight for the current Lunar Duo (w/ UL floor) is 39oz with tent/struts. Anyone able to tell me how much the tent body and struts weigh separately? Just trying t...

In GEAR » Lunar Duo Question
November 09, 5:33pm

Katadyn Carbon
Ike, The Katadyn is refillable - not sure how much it holds though... I haven't weighed it empty/full. Setup looks pretty cool.

In GEAR » Most efficient gravity filter system - need market update
November 06, 3:54pm

Fuel Filter Casing
Ike, I'd be interested to see more specifics on the 'inline fuel filter casing with activated carbon' when you get that all finished. I believe I saw on another post that you're ...

In GEAR » Sawyer Gravity Filter
November 06, 6:55am

Rainshadow 2
Howdy folks. Looking for a little insight on the Tarptent Rainshadow 2. I'd like to get a lighter tent for my girlfriend and I to use. We were originally looking at the Double Rainbow, but afte...

In GEAR » Rainshadow 2
November 03, 8:04am

Tyvek Pants
Welcome Michael! I know you mentioned you're not super stoked about Frogg Toggs, etc. but I thought I'd mention Tyvek pants as an option for lower rain gear. I too prefer a more substan...

In GEAR » Raingear...
November 02, 7:04pm

San Diego Hikers
Howdy all. My brother just moved to San Diego and is looking to meet folks who like to get outdoors. Let me know if you've got any trips coming up that are open to everyone. Thanks and happy hi...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » San Diego Hikers
October 24, 8:17am

UL AM/FM Radio?
I'm looking for suggestions on a light AM/FM radio WITH it's own speaker. Not a fan of headphones. Not looking for or expecting amazing sound quality. I was using one of the new Grundig ...

In GEAR » UL AM/FM Radio?
May 26, 8:20pm

Kmart Grease Pot
These little pots work great and cost less than $10. They're made of aluminum and I'd say you could cook for 2 with one. Here's a link from trail designs with a picture and a bit of i...

In GEAR » Alluminium Pot for two plus gripper
May 11, 9:08pm

All Reader Reviews by Nate Powell

Nate Powell has posted no reviews.