Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Paul Gibson (pgibson) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SW Idaho
About Me Paul Gibson has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://www.freewebs.com/arrowheadequipment/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Gibson

Showing 111 - 120 of 195 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Forum » Thread

Suspension
Hey Eric, at your weight you would be fine with some dynaglide whoopies. I rate ours to 225 pounds, and know of a hanger that is 340 that is using them,though that is pushing it in my opinion. An...

In Hammocks » What insulation?
August 31, 2:02pm

Great report
Hey Drewboy, excellent report, great job showcasing the gear. Looks like some very nice stuff, and those are some great fish for a stream that size. :) I still want to get down your way and hike ...

In Post-Trip Reports » South San Juan Wilderness, 8/22/10-8/26/10
August 31, 1:57pm

Hey Steve and all Idaho area
I have a trip coming up that has been in the works for the past year. I have a few guys coming in from PA and OK to do the Toxaway/Alice lake loop starting on the 9th. We are going to meet up on ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Idaho: Boise area BPL's
August 29, 9:50am

JRB Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock
I just picked up a JRB BMBH that I don't think will work for me. I bought it used last week and I have only laid in it for about 20 minutes. It is in perfect condition and has been modified w...

In Gear Swap » JRB Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock
August 27, 11:20am

You are correct Sir,
Brain, you are totally correct, a hammock creates less impact then most any other shelter option. I have packed up and looked back at my site (often to check for anything I may have set down that ...

In Hammocks » Hammock suspension
August 27, 9:24am

Overnight backpacking in the Sawtooths of Idaho
I took my wife and oldest son on a short overnight trip last weekend. We drove up to the Sawtooths late in the evening and set up camp by the headlights of the car. I lay awake for a while staring...

In Post-Trip Reports » Overnight backpacking in the Sawtooths of Idaho
August 27, 8:59am

A Tim and Bender
Tim, I make tarp lines both ways and still sell a lot of both. There are a couple reasons why the single ridge line is becoming popular though, first in high winds or heavy snow loads the single w...

August 27, 8:02am

Re. Straps
Yah we have some of the lightest webbing available :) The camo is just a hair (fraction of a gram) lighter per foot. Both the black and camo polyesters though are rated to 1200 pounds and we have...

August 26, 3:59pm

I am with Chris
Warbonnet's guide lines are good. I have had over 400 pounds in a single 1.1 and trust it to hold but the stretch makes it so far uncomfortable for even sitting in after a while that it would ...

In Hammocks » Fabrics and weight capacities...
August 24, 7:02pm

Re, Hammocks...
I tend to find my self rolling over from side to side and some time on my back throughout the night. I rarely fully wake up to do it though, just enough to decide to turn to another position and t...

In Hammocks » Hammocks... For Log Sleepers Only?
August 18, 8:34am

All Reader Reviews by Paul Gibson

Paul Gibson has posted no reviews.