Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Joe Westing (pedro87) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Joe Westing hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Joe Westing has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Joe Westing

Showing 111 - 120 of 208 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

Re: future of TiGoat AGP
from the latest GG newsletter: "Adjustable Trekking poles! At last these are in the GG pipeline. Yeehaw! These revolutionary poles have to be used to be believed. I've tested the...

In GEAR » future of TiGoat AGP
September 21, 6:48pm

future of TiGoat AGP
Has anyone heard anything more about whether the TiGoat AGP will once again be produced. The huge member discount on the BPL Stix is enticing but I really think I want adjustable poles for use wit...

In GEAR » future of TiGoat AGP
September 21, 1:53pm

Re: Re : Windshirts excessive?
Good points. I think one of the differences for me is that I am a light sweater, so I don't have a huge problem with evaporative cooling. However, I do have a tendency to walk on the cool sid...

In GEAR » Windshirts, excessive?
September 20, 4:23pm

Re: Re : Windshirts excessive?
Disclaimer: I have never used a wind shirt before so I have no real-world experience. Mike- In your example you say that a hiker would be sweating while climbing up a 3000 foot slope w/ temp...

In GEAR » Windshirts, excessive?
September 20, 2:34pm

Re: Full-Time vs. Hobby Craft
Sure Z-Packs, ULA, etc. aren't full on outdoor manufacturers, but they certainly aren't "hobby-types." They are in the cottage industry and they run a full-time business. I woul...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Backpacks 2008: Current Favorites and New Introductions (Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2008)
September 20, 2:13pm

Re: Hiking poles and necessity for Ultralighters
I disagree that poles become dead weight with an extremely light pack or no pack at all. If you are using the poles to propel you down the trail and maintain pacing, then it makes no difference th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiking poles and necessity for Ultralighters
September 18, 1:44pm

Re: Re: Hiking poles and necessity for Ultralighters
There is more use for hiking poles other than distributing load and shock and aiding balance. Many (including myself) like using them "nordic style" to help propel yourself down the trai...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiking poles and necessity for Ultralighters
September 14, 6:45pm

Re: Elephant's Foot Quilt?
Your idea of having a quilt top with a fabric bottom is called a top bag. I know Nunatak makes elephant's foot bag but they have insulation all around. I don't know anybody who makes elep...

In Make Your Own Gear » Elephant's Foot Quilt?
September 14, 6:40pm

Re: Looking for Lightweight Tent...
Be a little more specific when you say "four season." Do you expect the tent to survive the occasional 1/2 foot snowfall and only slightly below freezing nights or do you need a tent to ...

In GEAR » Looking for Lightweight Tent...
September 12, 2:55pm

Re: More Suggestions please!
The Cabela Rainy River Jacket is not just a "fishing jacket" - from what I can see it has "traditional looks". " The Montbell Peak Shell (w/ Breeze Dry-Tech which is ...

In GEAR » Best Light Waterproof Shells under $2505
September 07, 8:46pm

All Reader Reviews by Joe Westing

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BackpackingLight.com
After having a problem with my BPL print subscription (totally my bad), Karen quickly (within a day) and kindly fixed everything. Couldn't ask for anything more.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 11, 5:09pm

Gossamer Gear Nightlight Torso
This is a great pad. It is fairly comfortable, although it gets less comfortable with use. I would give it five stars if it maintained its initially level of comfort. Still, it doesn't wear dow...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
July 19, 12:18pm

Leki Ultralight Ti
Had these poles for a few years and they've performed very well. Only had one time when the poles slipped and that was quickly fixed by cleaning the poles. These titanium poles are fairly light ...

In Trekking Poles
June 29, 11:01am