Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Paul McLaughlin (paul) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Paul McLaughlin hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Paul McLaughlin has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul McLaughlin

Showing 111 - 120 of 938 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...94

Forum » Thread

a possibility near Kearsarge
check this out: http://eastsidesierrashuttle.com/backpacker_delivery_map_kearsarge.html

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » sharing resupply service JMT at Le Conte Canyon Ranger Station?
March 30, 10:37pm

Re: pros and cons tipi tents ?
I would differentiate tips from pyramid-style shelters. Pyramids in my book are square or rectangular while tipis have many more sides, like 8 or more - they approach round(or elliptical in some ca...

In GEAR » pros and cons tipi tents
March 27, 6:05pm

Re: Whitney to Lone Pine
The one thing that can make this a hard hitch instead of easy is getting down late in the afternoon. Getting down fairly early means you are there before most people finish their hike so you have m...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Whitney to Lone Pine
March 26, 6:28pm

Strato 1 mesh inner reduced
75 shipped, OBO

In Gear Swap » FS: Stratospire 1 mesh inner
March 23, 11:44am

Fairy were the best
my friend's kit had the pellon packets, I think. Me and three buddies all had Fairy bags, various models. I had the cheapest; cotton shell and lining, no zip, duck down. Nice bag. Those bags...

In Make Your Own Gear » Does anyone remember Frostline kit down packets
March 22, 8:36pm

Re: Does anyone remember Frostline kit down packets
Friend of mine sewed a frostline jacket and a couple other kits. Their down was advertised at the time as 550 fill power. I studied those Frostline catalogs pretty assiduously at the time, as well ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Does anyone remember Frostline kit down packets
March 21, 2:11pm

Re: Backpacking solo
There are a number of thread s on here ans elsewhere on the web that I think would be more useful to you than any article or book I've seen on the subject, simply because they present a wide va...

In Philosophy & Technique » Backpacking solo
March 21, 12:02pm

Re: Early sierra trip...
At the moment, further south equals less snow. from tahoe south to northern yosemite has the most snow, southern areas show less on the sensors.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Early sierra trip...
March 21, 11:57am

one to both read and look at
This will give you inspiration as well as a feel for what it's like - it's more than just a photo gallery, has a nice story to it as well: http://www.amazon.com/Walk-Sky-Dittli/dp/094419...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Book to read on the sierras
March 20, 9:58am

Re: Extending my 3-season gear for snow camping
If you aim for late April you generally get past the last of the real storms. March is usually fairly stormy. Plus longer days in April. also - LOTS of sunscreen, and a good sunhat with wide brim. ...

In Winter Hiking » Extending my 3-season gear for snow camping
March 19, 6:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul McLaughlin

Paul McLaughlin has posted no reviews.