BPL Community Profile

Sean Passanisi (passanis) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Sean Passanisi hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Sean Passanisi has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Francisco
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Sean Passanisi

Showing 111 - 120 of 245 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...25

Forum » Thread

Bug resistance of woven vs. knit garments
Hello. I read somewhere (but can't recall where) that woven and knit garments have different resistance to bug bites. Is there actually a difference? I plan on using some Permethrin anyway, ...

In GEAR » Bug resistance of woven vs. knit garments
July 01, 2:17pm

Nepal Treks for September
Hello. I planning to fly to Nepal around the beginning of September and would appreciate advice on treks and other activities. Based on my research, it seems like the Annapurna region is the most...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Nepal Treks for September
July 01, 1:47pm

JMT Maps
Not quite another pencil thread, but curious as to whether anyone uses the general Tom Harrison High Country regional maps as opposed the specific JMT map pack. Heavier and more expensive, but I&#...

In GEAR » JMT Maps
June 28, 10:44am

Re: Re: You'l need the BV 500
Thank you, Tony and M G. Well another option is to get a custom Bearikade...something between the Weekender and the Expedition. I have a sense that I can do the last leg with a bit less foo...

In Pre-Trip Planning » JMT 14–16 day plan
June 27, 5:11pm

Re: Re: You'l need the BV 500
Thanks, Tony. I feel like I'm at an odd spot with my base weight where 10 oz (BV500 to Weekender) makes a bigger difference to me than 5 oz (BV500 to Expedition). As a vegetarian capable of...

June 27, 3:32pm

Re: Re: Re: Embrace
It's interesting to see the wide difference of opinion on rain solutions. I'm pondering whether I want to purchase a Patagonia M10 (discounted) or just go with the significantly cheaper po...

In GEAR » Shell-Rain Jacket UL/SUL recommendations
June 27, 11:54am

Re: JMT two week plan.
Thanks everyone for the additional insights. Jim, love your breakdown. I'll use it as a baseline and adjust with my findings from the Yahoo group and the trail book. I don't want t...

June 27, 10:19am

Re: Re: JMT 14–16 day plan
Thanks, David. Based on my limited initial research, I was under the impression that there were 3 or 4 resupply points that would allow me to carry 4 days of food. I bought both the BV450 and BV5...

June 26, 11:28pm

Re: Re: Update?
Thanks, gentlemen. How would you compare the Piton to the R1 (hoody or jacket)? Do you have any thoughts on the vest?

In GEAR » Patagonia Piton Hybrid?
June 26, 8:10pm

JMT 14–16 day plan
Hello. I'm planning to hike the JMT solo from the middle to end of August. This will certainly be an adventure with my limited experience, but I'm excited to take a shot. I'm going t...

June 26, 7:23pm

All Reader Reviews by Sean Passanisi

Sean Passanisi has posted no reviews.