Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Steve . (pappekak) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Tralfamadore
About Me Steve . has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List3-Season in Rocky Mountains (2010)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steve .

Showing 111 - 120 of 513 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...52

Forum » Thread

Re: tent report
Pretty sure those are Will's NB 872s.

In Editor's Roundtable » Six Moon Designs Lunar Duo Tent REVIEW
August 30, 12:29pm

Re: Re: Again with the Underwear Question!
Where is Kevin D. with his Borat picture when you need him?

In GEAR » Dare I ask... what underwear does everyone use???
August 29, 1:12pm

I see Paris, I see France, ....
Terramar Transport Micro-Mesh boxers or briefs sold at Campmor.

In GEAR » Dare I ask... what underwear does everyone use???
August 29, 12:02pm

Re: Lunar Duo
Michael, you might want to consider adding silcoat to your pad instead of the tent floor. That way you would be adding a minimal amount of weight to keep your pad from moving around.

In Editor's Roundtable » Six Moon Designs Lunar Duo Tent REVIEW
August 29, 11:59am

Gatewood Cape - Pole height
John, I checked my log and my Leki poles were set to a height of 120cm for the first two pictures. Measuring the actual height of the poles at this setting comes to about 47.75" (~121.25cm)...

In GEAR » Gatewood Cape Taut Pitches
August 27, 9:11am

Re: Golite Reed Pants $35 - free ship
What is the waist sizing like on these? I read that the inseam length is long but how accurate is the waist?

In Gear Deals » Golite Reed Pants $35 - free ship
August 24, 10:05am

Re: Disposal of Entrails
I don't know the rules for the JMT but disposing of them in a cat hole or carrying them out in a baggie seems reasonable.

In Fishing » Disposal of Entrails
August 24, 8:12am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Tarp System wt.= 1P tent?
Dondo, very nice setup. How are you rigging the tieout from the hood? Are you just running a line from the drawcord on the hood?

In GEAR » Poncho Tarps List
August 23, 10:47am

Re: Poncho Tarps List
Brett the coverage with the SMD Gatewood Cape is good enough that I don't need a bivy. And the ground cloth is wide enough that I don't have problems keeping my bag clean. I had looked ...

August 21, 12:13pm

Re: Tarp System wt.= 1P tent?
Brett, here is my setup: Shelter + Ground Sheet ====================== SMD Gatewood Cape (modified): 11.5 oz Ground Cloth (36" x 84" x 2mm painter's drop cloth): 3.4 oz total: ...

August 21, 8:44am

All Reader Reviews by Steve .

Showing 1 - 10 of 10 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Driducks rainsuit
Tested: - size: small - jacket weight: 5.5 oz - pants weight: 4.4 oz Pro: - price - weight - functionality Con: - fragile - zipper Having used Driducks for 2 years in ...

In Clothing - Raingear
October 28, 11:15am

Darn Tough Vermont Socks Customer Service
Had a small hole form on the ankle of one of my Darn Tough Full Cushion Boot socks that I use mostly for fishing. Surprising since I have a pair of Micro Cushions that I have hiked the heck out of wi...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 30, 10:44am

Backcountry.com
Learned about BackCountry.com here and have dealt with their customer service twice. First time I purchased a Granite Gear Vapor Trail on sale and the waist belt was out of spec - this true for all...

October 30, 10:31am

Granite Gear Vapor Trail
Overall a nice pack with the exception of the huge extension collar and the fact that the Men's Medium waist belt length significantly differs from what Granite Gear says it is. Granite Gear sp...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
May 09, 9:43am

Sahalie Men's Ultralight Tights
I ordered a pair of the Sahalie's Men's Ultralight Tights (medium, 1.8 oz) and the siz...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 28, 3:49pm

Inova Microlight
Last summer I lost a Photon that had faithfully served me for several years and hav...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
March 03, 3:40pm

Jim Wood SuperCat
Although I haven't used it in the field yet it works great in the house. Brings 2 cups of cold tap water to a rolling boil in about 6 minutes (prime: 1 minute; cook 5 minutes) using less than 1oz...

In Stoves - Alcohol
January 30, 7:57pm

TarpTent
Ordered a Contrail during the holiday sale. Followed up with an email asking for some scrap material. Communication was great. Order was perfect. Delivery exceeded expectations. If the tent i...

December 28, 1:53pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
Lighten Up is an entertaining introduction to lightweight backpacking. Lots of good material for the beginner and a nice review for experienced lightweighters. The illustrations really make the book...

In Books and Media
December 27, 4:44pm

Mont Bell
13 years ago I purchased a lightweight Montbell Parka. It served me well until the Gortex started to delaminate this year. I called the Boulder office hoping to find a place to have it repaired. Th...

November 29, 10:50pm