BPL Community Profile

Adam Kilpatrick (oysters) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South Australia
About Me Into Bushwalking in remote areas in Australia. Have completed alot of walks in Southern Australia, especially in the Flinders Ranges, but also some decent trips in Victoria, Tasmania, and Central Australia.

I also spend a lot of time in the field for work (arid areas) and am an avid Scouter!

Oh yeah, and I'm into cycling and photography too.
CityAdelaide
StateSouth Australia
CountryAustralia
My Website URLhttp://worldtrike.crazyguyonabike.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Adam Kilpatrick

Showing 111 - 120 of 532 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...54

Forum » Thread

Japanese bottle cans
I just picked up a couple of Aluminium (I think) screw capped bottles from a nearby convenience store. Both are around the 400gram mark. One of them, a black coffee, has a plastic/paper label which...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » 1 oz, Durable* Cook kit
February 27, 9:41pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 1 oz, Durable* Cook kit
This does sound good. I doubt I'd find those monster cans in Australia, pity. Maybe with a few hours of patience, some good music playing and SOME GOOD COFFEE, you could ever so carefully sc...

February 27, 7:06am

Fatal...
In Australia I always carry an elasticised bandage for snake bite. The chances are extremely low, but without such a thing you are pretty done for if you get bitten and venom is injected. Most hike...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What is your two item first aid kit?
February 27, 6:52am

Re: Re: Re: 1 oz, Durable* Cook kit
This one? http://www.ifood.tv/blog/how-much-is-a-monster-energy-drink Looks good. Bigger water bottle is more realistic.

February 27, 12:25am

SMD Flight 40
I think the flight 40 sounds really good. At 44 Litres and sub 900grams, and with such a good looking harness (I find waist belts on framed packs that have a double buckle system tend to be a good ...

In GEAR » new SMD packs
February 26, 11:51pm

Re: Loop
Hope you aren't obsessive-compulsive Delmar... I've used fisherman's or double fisherman's knots in the past to join shock cord to shock cord or make a loop. With thin stuff like...

In GEAR » Quality Rubber Bands
February 26, 9:42pm

Re: BPA
Hey Matt after getting a lot of use and experience with this stove, do you have any rough stats on how much fuel you use to boil said amount of water? Cheers, Adam

In Make Your Own Gear » The Silver Bullet Sapporo Bottle Stove
February 26, 9:26pm

Re: Re: 1 oz, Durable* Cook kit
Matt Kirk has a stove set-up kind of like that. It makes a lot of sense for fast and light purposes. He carries it in a should bottle pocket so that would make it pretty easy to look after...its al...

February 26, 9:24pm

Ads etc
What's wrong with gay? I would have thought that BPL was LGBTI friendly just like the BSA?

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Ads are back for Lifetime Member
February 26, 9:20pm

Headnet...custom?
You could always buy one of S2S' nets for sleeping, then cut that up how you need it. If you wear say a visor or cap or hat, you'd just need a square or rectangle of it. Drap it over the to...

In GEAR » Longer head net suggestions please
February 26, 9:17pm

All Reader Reviews by Adam Kilpatrick

Adam Kilpatrick has posted no reviews.