BPL Community Profile

Adam Kilpatrick (oysters) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South Australia
About Me Into Bushwalking in remote areas in Australia. Have completed alot of walks in Southern Australia, especially in the Flinders Ranges, but also some decent trips in Victoria, Tasmania, and Central Australia.

I also spend a lot of time in the field for work (arid areas) and am an avid Scouter!

Oh yeah, and I'm into cycling and photography too.
CityAdelaide
StateSouth Australia
CountryAustralia
My Website URLhttp://worldtrike.crazyguyonabike.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Adam Kilpatrick

Showing 111 - 120 of 587 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...59

Forum » Thread

Re: GG Murmur w/Thinlight?
Delmar just bought a roll of CC foam from home depot. He has quite a bit, I'm getting some off him. Its very similar to thinlight, similar weight, slightly less thick. If you PM him he might...

In GEAR » GG Murmur w/Thinlight?
March 14, 7:53pm

Re: Re: Re: Rainproof Headgear to go with MYOG PolyCryo Poncho?
I like Nick's solution. Desert vegetation isn't always very high though. With a good waist cord or so it shouldn't be hard to tuck up excess poncho out of the way. If you have to wal...

In Make Your Own Gear » Rainproof Headgear to go with MYOG PolyCryo Poncho?
March 13, 11:25pm

DW
That looks cool. Would have been handy a couple of years ago on our big cycle tour so I didn't have to carry a seperate mozquito net in Africa, oh well. What is the weight split of the inner...

In GEAR » Help decide on a shelter
March 13, 9:02pm

Re: Relenting on NeoAir XLITE
Thinlight pad underneath solves the durability problem, though adds weight back in. I'm not entirely sure though that durability IS a problem with the latest generation now that they have so...

In GEAR » Relenting on NeoAir XLITE
March 13, 8:54pm

Re: Re: ultrarunner here
I'm finally having a crack at an "ultra" in September this year. Have done a lot of Rogaining in the past, 12 and 24 hour events where I've well and truly gone into "ultra&qu...

In Other Activities » Ultramarathon
March 13, 8:46pm

Re: Bomber Cuben Fiber Cat Tarp 2
+1 on the dimensions With some good bonded tie outs that could be a very, very long lasting tarp.

In Gear Swap » Bomber Cuben Fiber Cat Tarp 2
March 13, 8:07am

Re: New Half Pyramid Poly-cryo Tarp
I likey Aaron. I've been playing around with a spreadsheet making a pyramid like one of your earlier ones, with the door lined up on the side with one of the poles. But I think it makes a bi...

In Make Your Own Gear » Polycro Tarp Tested!
March 12, 10:28pm

Re: anyone use these stakes?
I've used the MSR version of this style, they are excellent. But cheap knock offs like the others say might be made of less ideal material and may fail easily.

In GEAR » anyone use these stakes?
March 11, 9:41pm

Re: 5.5oz Cuben tarp with carbon tieouts
I really like the strips of cuben tape radiating out from the tie outs. Looking at Steve Evan's tie out tests to failure, once there is a bit of reinforcement cuben near the tie out, after that...

In Make Your Own Gear » 5.5oz Cuben tarp with carbon tieouts
March 11, 9:03pm

Re: Larger Carbon
Thanks for the detailed response Steve. Yeah, a small loop of spectra through the carbon hole would also work I guess. One thing I was wondering, is how do these types of tieouts go long term wi...

In Make Your Own Gear » 5.5oz Cuben tarp with carbon tieouts
March 11, 8:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Adam Kilpatrick

Adam Kilpatrick has posted no reviews.