David Olsen (oware) - BPL Guest

My Locale Steptoe Butte
About Me Manufacturer Tarps, Tents, Bivys, Packs and Bags
since 1985.

Blog http://cattarp.wordpress.com/

email do@owareusa.com
StateWA
My Website URLhttp://shop.bivysack.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Olsen

Showing 111 - 120 of 1772 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...178

Forum » Thread

wool bag
I used a wool and polyester sleeping bag liner that weighed about 10 ounces for several winter seasons in Joshua Tree. Sort of a luxury/gear saver item, it kept my down bag clean, didn't have t...

In Make Your Own Gear » Wool sleeping bag for desert use
September 28, 5:08pm

Re: Multi-use gear
But does it blend? http://www.willitblend.com/videos/view/17

In Chaff » Multi-use gear
September 28, 4:26pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thanks Ian
" But because my experience is unique and unrepeatable," Doesn't sound unrepeatable. Sounds like you can have the same thing happen if you go drive another 12 hours. Fever can pr...

In Chaff » Continuation of "Religion in the Canyon/Foxhole" thread
September 13, 3:35pm

Rappelling on Duct Tape
When they recommend and have staff rappelling on duct tape twisted into a cord?

In Chaff » Backpacker Magazine
September 13, 9:25am

Flash floods and Circumcision
The uncircumcised were the ones that drowned in the hydrological event in the Red Sea.

In Chaff » Continuation of "Religion in the Canyon/Foxhole" thread
September 13, 9:07am

Watermelon on top of Mt Rainier
Guy carried it up to said he had done it. I carried a Rainier beer I found in the parking lot and left it in the parking lot when I got down. Wondered if it made more than one trip to the crater.

In GEAR » The most "non lightweight" thing you've seen on the trail
September 12, 1:56pm

Ptarmigan
Grouse and related don't need a knife. You just pull their little jammies off with your hands. The rest is similarly removed. A razor blade works okay for trout. That long fixed blade wit...

In GEAR » how big of a knife do we really need (or how small of knife can we get by with)?
September 10, 12:18pm

2 Timothy 3:12
"In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted," Hey, it's a free country.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » "nothing will hit us, we will not die, we will not drown, in JESUS name"
September 10, 11:58am

Re: Which takes less energy for cross country: skis or snowshoes?
Not your situation, but some cross country races include snow shoes as well as skating and diagonal stride skis. On a packed course, the skate skiers win by a large margin. My experience is that...

In GEAR » Which takes less energy for cross country: skis or snowshoes?
September 10, 11:41am

Re: Re: Harvard proves gun control advocates wrong
"These countries, esp. Japan, have significantly lower violent crime rates too." Crime reporting methods- "One former police officer, summed it up for the Freakonomics staff. J...

In Chaff » Harvard proves gun control advocates wrong
September 01, 5:12pm

All Reader Reviews by David Olsen

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Botach Tactical Customer Service
Ordered several emergency bivys for Christmas presents. They sent the wrong item-an inferior space blanket bag. They did send a UPS call tag, but then called to say the item was discontinued. We wi...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 07, 2:54pm

Basegear.com
They sent a match safe that was too short to hold matches. I had to pay $2 in shipping to get a $4 refund.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 07, 2:48pm

Liberty Aluminum Match Safe
The match safe, purchased from Basegear, is too short for the matches (Diamond strike anywhere kitchen matches). When the lid is screwed on, the tips scrap against the bottom and top of the safe ...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
January 04, 2:42pm