Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tom Kirchner (ouzel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest/Sierra
About Me Leave no tracks.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tom Kirchner

Showing 111 - 120 of 6829 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...683

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: "Club membership"
"We have PBS, MSNBC, the Onion, fact check, Air America (or what's left of it), Rand Paul, the Democratic Party,..." Truly we are blessed to have such unbiased sources to help us s...

In Chaff » Survey Points to Challenges NATO Faces Over Russia
June 11, 8:36pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: As a paying member...
"I thought they were cute, if a bit kinky." I suspect they were attracted by your avatar. ;0) Cheers

In Chaff » BPL Exclusive!
June 11, 7:55pm

Re: Mlifers
"I imagine all the really good deals are in the mlife super exclusive deals forum, right ? I'm thinking that a lifer gets a say in their exclusive forums and at the annual retreat, so ...

June 11, 7:50pm

Re: Re: Re: "Club membership"
"Maybe a few here and there do their own reading and thinking.....;)" And quite rightly conclude that not all of it is propaganda. The West does not have a monopoly on the truth. :)

June 10, 10:13pm

"Tom, Kat, and I will go out and have a beer after work and laugh about how we've fooled everyone..." As long as you buy the first round, just to show us your heart's in the ri...

June 10, 10:11pm

"Russia has these groups of "trolls" that post pro-Russia stuff. Paid for by a Putin ally. They pay them to spend their days posting pro-Russia propaganda" And we've got ...

June 10, 10:10pm

Re: Re: Re: As a paying member...
" but I will say that our resident mustache twisting villain moderator is handling this thrashing with grace and style." You've got it all wrong, Bro. He's got such a thick sk...

June 10, 9:52pm

Survey Points to Challenges NATO Faces Over Russia
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/10/world/europe/survey-points-to-challenges-nato-faces-over-russia.html Comments??

June 10, 4:53pm

Re: Re: I welcome all deals
"I can't tell whether this thread just makes me laugh....or cry." +1 "It's not even winter right now. Perhaps winter is coming?????" Some people dwell year...

June 10, 4:44pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Suggestions for homestead-able land locations
"We are really looking at WA and OR pretty intensely, but neither of us have ever been that far north west before. So we are planning a road trip for next spring to investigate several areas.&...

In Chaff » Suggestions for homestead-able land locations
June 09, 8:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Tom Kirchner

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear ThinLight insulation pad 1/8" approx. 2 oz.
Having used both of the above mentioned combinations(only with a Mens' Prolite 3), I heartily concur with their rating(s). It would be hard to find a piece of insulation/protection/padding that g...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
October 27, 5:20pm

ULA Circuit
Pro's: 1) Light; 2) Durable for the weight(like Kevin, I've done some off-trail/bushwhacking(Wanda Lake to Martha Lake via Davis Lakes/N. Goddard Creek) with only minor abrasion on the waist...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 29, 6:16pm

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
Scott, Check out travelcountry.com for the eco-mesh shirt. They have free shipping whereas Railriders charges a pretty hefty fee. I've been using this shirt for years and consider it the best S...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 06, 5:27pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro-Lite 4
Hi David, What you are experiencing with your Prolite-4 is a common phenomenon in my experience with the Prolite-3. It is, however, easy to mitigate. Just position the valve next to your shoulder o...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 04, 5:17pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro Lite 3
I've used the Prolite-3 almost since it came out with good success. It compresses well, is very light FOR ITS SIZE(what would a TorsoLite weigh if it was 20"x48"??), and insulates just ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 15, 6:02pm

REI Peak UL
I've been using the Peak UL carbon fiber poles(womens' non antishock 3 section model-11.2 oz/pr) ever since they came on the market and have been ecstatic about their performance. Like some other pos...

In Trekking Poles
November 04, 5:58pm