Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

obx hiker (obxcola) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Outer Banks of North Carolina
About Me 60: Wide but relatively shallow experience. That's my older daughter and "baby" brother in the photo
at Gragg Prong , Wilson Creek.
CityNags Head
StateNorth Carolina
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.obxcola.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by obx hiker

Showing 111 - 120 of 417 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...42

Forum » Thread

A nudge for my beanies and more
Love your new website! Are the mesh pockets like a bag? Looks like it.

In Gear Deals » A nudge for my beanies and more
May 23, 11:45am

Your time is gonna come
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLrA9jJr-X4&feature=related

In Chaff » The Rapture
May 21, 8:18pm

Non-freestanding tent in Zion area
Mike Clelland's tips right on this site includes a great set of tips on pitching without stakes using rocks and "dead-men". Get a couple of large rocks, tie-off to a stick wedged behi...

In GEAR » Non-freestanding tent in Zion area?
May 16, 8:05am

Tyvek Clothes as rainsuit - FAIL!
The commercial or industrial "white" tyvek stuff leaks like a sieve and it's the seams. Also the stuff is very ill-fitting and poorly constructed.... designed as a one size fits a...

In GEAR » Tyvek Clothes as rainsuit - FAIL!
May 16, 7:49am

2.8 oz poncho
Dale I got mine a few days back and last night put some snaps on it thanks to help from Tom Holbrook on cam-snaps. Now I have a really breathable 5.3 oz rainset with the frogg toggs poncho combi...

In Make Your Own Gear » Best glue for Dri Ducks material?
May 15, 6:40pm

Steripen users advise
Yes agreed the REI sale is looking better all the time!

In GEAR » Steripen users advise
May 15, 6:26pm

Ursack Thumbs Down
Sam, Who says bears can't read? Your truly, Yellow Momma

In GEAR » Ursack Thumbs Down
May 15, 11:26am

Steripen users advise
Warren I was just passing on info from earlier in this thread plus links supplied on this thread to web postings usually generated by the aforementioned winter trade shows. Like Schultzy or whateve...

May 14, 6:51pm

Ursack Thumbs Down
I've been following the Ursack appeal and copied below is the Court's opinion from the Ursack website. Denies the appeal but seems inclined to force Yosemite and Seki to re-institute the te...

In GEAR » Ursack Thumbs Down
May 13, 7:38pm

Steripen
one more thing to love about BPL; 2 good tips in one thread! While I wouldn't be so bold as to put words in Doug Ide's mouth ( ye gads! ) he did say an advantage to making a scoop out of...

May 13, 9:19am

All Reader Reviews by obx hiker

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Blow-Up Pillow
Used the dual chamber for @ 5 years. Don't want to get it too full but that's easy to adjust. Can be a little tricky to get fully de-flated for packing. Persistence! Cover it with your tee-shi...

In Miscellaneous Products
September 30, 8:19pm

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
William Siemens has it right about wind-resistance being a key. This jacket is wonderfully wind resistant. The Northern Outer Banks of NC can be an incredibly cold place due to the combination of wind...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
February 25, 4:32pm