BPL Community Profile

Nia Schmald (nschmald) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Nia Schmald hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Nia Schmald has not added a biography yet.
CitySunnyvale
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nia Schmald

Showing 111 - 120 of 590 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...59

Forum » Thread

Re: Solar charging electronics?
I'd recommend skipping the solar and going with a battery. I used the IMAX power 5000 mah rechargable lithium battery for my iphone on the pct after giving up on a couple of different solar ch...

In GEAR » Solar charging electronics?
February 27, 6:42pm

Re: Re: PCT Gear Review
in iTopoMaps you can either download by placing the unzipped wpx file on a webserver (what I did) or by using the new email feature. If you have a webserver simply place the file in the directory ...

In GEAR » PCT Gear Review
February 24, 6:05pm

Re: Re: Re: Backpacking Light Stealth NANO
>"In all seriousness, how many of you find that 260 bucks is worth 5 ounces of tarp?" For me it wasn't about oz when compared to silnylon. I hate the silnylon sag and needing t...

In GEAR » Backpacking Light Stealth NANO
February 23, 12:47pm

Re: Platypus Filter Link
I had to buy the drink tube kit to get the cap with barb. It's still available but obviously pricey for just the cap. On the plus side you get some tubing.

In Make Your Own Gear » Platypus Filter Link
February 23, 12:56am

Re: IPOD Touch with Halfmile?
Yes you can. You just need an app that reads and stores pdf files. I use Felaur PDF reader but there may be better ones out there now. That being said the screen is really too small to read to...

In GEAR » GPS/maps on PCT
February 15, 5:31pm

Re: Re: Wetting out a cuben/down quilt
So does everyone use dry bags for their down gear? I've been using trash compactor bags to keep my stuff dry but the top certainly doesn't seal. The lighter dry bags I've read about h...

In GEAR » Washing a cuben down quilt
February 14, 2:48pm

Wetting out a cuben/down quilt
I find it hard to believe that submerged in water for 1/2 hour as Rod claims that water wouldn't be able to find it's way through the hole in a stuff sack and in to the 4 sq ft of breathabl...

February 14, 1:01pm

Re: The Carbon Flame War:
"Some months ago I said here: 'The North Western USA will likely suffer more record snowfalls this winter.'" Sorry Rog. "Washington snowpack conditions below normal....

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
February 13, 9:32pm

Re: washing cuben/down
"think you'd actually have to work hard to get this down wet. Like opening the quilt out, Momentum side up, and pooling the water into it." Ok maybe. But what if?

February 13, 4:57pm

Re: washing cuben/down
"If it doesn't dry well, down will mold." So is the stripe of breathable momentum90 enough to prevent this? What happens if the cuben quilt gets submerged during a creek crossing,...

February 13, 3:36pm

All Reader Reviews by Nia Schmald

Nia Schmald has posted no reviews.