Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nicholas Miller (nmiller08) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Montana
About Me Nicholas Miller has not added a biography yet.
CityMissoula

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nicholas Miller

Showing 111 - 120 of 227 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Forum » Thread

Roger
Thank you Roger! I kept coming back to this page and looking at the SVEA, trying to resist the urge to spend "nostalgia" money.

In Gear Swap » Cleaning out the other closet
March 13, 12:48am

Re: Re: Re: adding down
"There still seems to be a contradiction between your comment "The insulation value is about the same in the range from fully lofted to 2.5x density increase. Down isn't warmer at 2.5...

In Make Your Own Gear » Zipper Modification
March 12, 1:14pm

nice
Beautiful work Bender! it looks good, and as another stated very stable looking. It looks like there might be a little vestibule up front, will it have an entirely netting door at the front of the...

In Make Your Own Gear » My Kelty Zen clone from 5.25 down to 2.25 pounds!
March 11, 10:45pm

Re: adding down
Sounds right to me Travis, it seems the difference is the two possible scenarios...here we're talking about filling a fixed space with more and more down (warmer and warmer, but diminishing ret...

March 11, 6:16pm

5 yards
If either of the other two folks backs out or it's not what is wanted, I'll take 5. Thanks, Nick

In Gear Swap » Spinnaker For Sale
March 11, 4:16pm

drawcord
This is what I have done on most drawcords, just make sure the fabric edge is well sealed with a flame (although I've never worked with cuben, maybe it doesn't fray?) and roll the drawcord ...

In Make Your Own Gear » VB Experiment
March 11, 2:06pm

Re: Nicholas
temps: I would say hard to compare, some nights I sleep cold, some nights I feel fine when others are cold. I wouldn't use my experience as a baseline. Plus that "barely tolerable"...

March 11, 1:48pm

down compression
This is my understanding too, based on several threads/posts from Mr. Nisley and others. There was even a comment a while back regarding why "fully lofted" has become the marketing stand...

March 11, 12:40pm

and...
forgot your other comments. For baffle height, I think I used 6.25 or 6.5"? I don't know that it's super critical, you're in the right range anyway. I took my overall length and...

March 11, 9:43am

length
One reason for the length might be your design. I don't know what you're planning, but if you do a drawcord footbox you lose a fair bit of length. By closing the drawcord, the bottom 6-8 ...

March 11, 9:28am

All Reader Reviews by Nicholas Miller

Nicholas Miller has posted no reviews.