BPL Community Profile

scott Nelson (nlsscott) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale So. Calif.
About Me I've been hiking since the 70's. Spent about 20 years in the outdoor retail end of things. I now help teach an outdoor training class with the Sierra Club. I'm a docent at a nearby Nature Center and a volunteer diver at the Aquarium of the Pacific. I like making my own gear.
CitySouth Pasadena
StateCa
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by scott Nelson

Showing 111 - 120 of 224 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Forum » Thread

DIY Conversion Project?
I bought one of these here at BPL, like many others, specifically for cold weather. I wonder if someone could create illustrated instructions and materials list to replace this fuel line with some...

In GEAR » Chinese One Road Star Fire153g remote stove WARNING
September 29, 10:39am

Karo Baffles?
I wonder what it would be like to make a similar vest, but use Karo baffles. Easier to stuff would be one advantage. Just put all the down for each large section in at once. Scott

In Editor's Roundtable » MYOG: Down Vest
September 28, 2:14pm

GPS SOLD
SOLD

In Gear Swap » FS: Geko 301 GPS
July 29, 11:11am

Price lowered
Bump

July 28, 11:04pm

Aquilo tested with ccf pad?
I am wondering if these great load carrying results for the Aquilo were done with or without a folded ccf pad in the pack's pad pocket?

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Frameless Backpacks State of the Market Report 2011: Part 4 – Packs for Lightweight Backpacking and Load Hauling
July 28, 10:44pm

Yosemite North Rim 2011
With all the snow and high water crossings in the the Sierra, my buddy and I opted to do the Yosemite North Rim July 23-26, 2011. This was 3 and 1/2 days of generally mellow hiking. The details f...

In Post-Trip Reports » Yosemite North Rim 2011
July 28, 10:30pm

FS: Geko 301 GPS-SOLD
SOLD-This is the small ultralight (3 oz.)Garmin gps that got such great reviews here on BPL. Features altimeter and compass. Includes manuals, cables, and adaptors to connect to your computer. Sel...

July 20, 9:54am

PM sent on pack
What size?

In Gear Swap » FS: Arcteryx, Granite Gear and Six Moons
July 06, 12:03am

My Stove Arrived
The stove was mailed register mail, so I had to go to the post office to pick it up. Nice plastic case for storage at home. Stove works.

In Gear Deals » 153gms (5.4oz) world's lightest remote canister stove $35
June 28, 12:32am

Adding Down
I would echo the advice above about cleaning and drying it to restore the loft. I would caution, before you start ripping the seams on this beautiful design, be sure you are really accessing the m...

In GEAR » Adding down to a WM Ultralight as a DIY project?
June 22, 3:33pm

All Reader Reviews by scott Nelson

scott Nelson has posted no reviews.