BPL Community Profile

Thomas Burns (nerdboy52) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale "Alas, poor Yogi.I knew him well."
About Me English professor at Ohio Wesleyan University, Director of Perkins Observatory

Words to live by: "Alas, poor Yogi. I knew him, Horatio. He was a bear of infinite appetite. So they shot him."

More words to live by: "Yeah, I'm a nerd. Want to make something of it . . . punk?" ;vD

Even more words to live by:
Solvitur ambulando.
"it is solved by walking."
St. Augustine
CityColumbus
StateOH
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListShoulder season gear list 2

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Thomas Burns

Showing 111 - 120 of 823 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...83

Forum » Thread

Great design
Nice tent! Wish it came in Cuben, though.

In GEAR » Coming Soon: Tarptent StratoSpire
August 03, 12:52pm

Hats
In summer or any warm weather, I wear the Tyvek painter's cap from Home Depot: $.97 and they hold up surprisingly well. They have a large plastic brim to keep the sun off. Most other season...

In GEAR » Best backpacking hat?
August 03, 12:18pm

WTT: BPL Thorphare shirts
I bump; therefore, I am. Last try. Stargazer

In Gear Swap » WTT: BPL Thorphare shirts
August 02, 7:14am

Great!
Tom Burns tlburns@owu.edu Stargazer

In Make Your Own Gear » 2oz pad
August 01, 10:33pm

Railriders
I wear Railriders Bone Flat pants most of the time (7.4 oz and well ventilated) and Weatherpants (tough as the proverbial nails) in cold weather or when the trail is really rugged and overgrown. In...

In GEAR » Hiking Pants: What do you Wear and why?
August 01, 5:05pm

WTT: BPL Thorphare shirts
Bumparino.

August 01, 4:58pm

Great TR!
Oy, you got up close and personal with some of those grizzlies. Great pics. And that is the best looking steak dinner I have seen in a long, long time. Stargazer

In Post-Trip Reports » GNP Long Overdue!
August 01, 3:41pm

I'll take some of them!
And test them on the trail and be glad to paypal you the cost of postage and whatever you think it's worth. Stargazer P.S. If I understand your post correctly, I'd want to tape two si...

In Make Your Own Gear » 2oz pad
August 01, 3:36pm

Headnet
+1 on the headnet. Replace your beanie with a brimmed hat to keep it off your face.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ants in my pants
August 01, 9:35am

WTT: BPL Thorfare shirts
Bump. Anybody? To respond to several PM's, trade only, please.

August 01, 6:14am

All Reader Reviews by Thomas Burns

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

FlexAir Pillow Dual Compartment Ultralight
>I think I'll stick with my Wal-Mart water wing pillow, which is about a third the price, a little lighter, and just as comfy if wrapped in my fleece jacket. Yo, Michael. Always looking for ...

In Miscellaneous Products
October 11, 11:18am

Fanatic Fringe Thompson Peak
Ditto to the above review. I added a top compression cord by tying a short length of cord to the upper drawcord, looping it over the top, and connecting it to the lifting strap loop with a small carab...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 14, 6:13am