BPL Community Profile

Sean Staplin (mtnrat) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern Cdn Rockies
About Me Sean Staplin has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Sean Staplin

Showing 111 - 120 of 190 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Forum » Thread

Payment sent
I have sent payment. Thanks.

In Gear Swap » FS: Marmot Helium and The North Face Hightail 15 Degree Sleeping Bags
July 04, 8:28am

PM sent on the helium
I will take the HELIUM.

In Gear Swap » FS: Marmot Helium and The North Face Hightail 15 Degree Sleeping Bags
July 03, 10:35pm

also right here in the forums
youtube and right here in the forums is pretty much everything you need to know.

In Gear Swap » WTB UL DVDs
July 03, 2:39am

Fit
I have med that is a little loose, but works well for me. and I am 5'7" 145 lbs. A small was too tight around the chest for me so my wife has it as she is about 115 lbs and it fits her.

In Gear Swap » First Ascent Downlight Sweater
June 30, 10:14pm

For cheap tyvek.
For very cheap or free tyvek go to a building site and ask to buy a 10x10 piece. You will likely get it for free as scraps larger than that are routinely thrown out. Tyvek in the sizes we use never...

In Gear Swap » WTB; Tyvek or tarp
June 24, 7:46am

Gatewood
My dog, (55lbs), and I fit in the gatewood cape pretty well. I am 5'7".

In GEAR » Single Pole Shelter for 1 + Dog
June 17, 2:44am

From BP light
Or off this site. http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/clelland_ultralight_backpackin_tips.html

In Gear Swap » WTB: Clelland's new book.
June 01, 3:40am

Better than DEET...
Vanderbilt has done work on new insect repellant that is 1000 times more effective than deet. http://news.vanderbilt.edu/2011/05/biologists-discover-new-insect-repellant/

In GEAR » Better than DEET...
May 11, 12:43pm

Dog fits
I fit myself, pack and my dog in the Gatewood cape. He is a 55lb lab border collie mix. I am 5'7" so not as tight as someone 6'+

In Gear Lists » Critique my initial gear list
April 26, 4:30pm

Right direction.
I think you are going about it the right way. SInce you say you are just getting started, give your outfit a whirl in various conditions. See if you get condensation issues etc, and go from there.

In GEAR » Do I really need a Waterproof Bivy?
April 25, 8:09pm

All Reader Reviews by Sean Staplin

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Titanium Goat AGP AGP
Collapsed Size next to ULA CDT

In Trekking Poles
December 18, 11:55am

Six Moon Designs Gatewood Cape
A 5 so far, but I have only just set it up and slept in it. My main reason to post a preliminary review is to comment on the set up. I bought this tarp/poncho used without instructions. First set up t...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
April 20, 12:29pm